LegacyGT.com

price quote for mod dpipe from 2.5 flange to 3" ?

decided to take my elh/uppipe/dpipe to ceramic coated (thanks Byron, unfortunately they the coating shop said they don't do it anymore:spin: )

So today i made few calls to few muffler shops and wanted to get a price quote for making flange from 2.5" to 3", but they all said they need to take a look first.

want to see how much it would be cost about before going out tmr morning.

thanks

Edited by markc0220k

Jet-Hot coatings https://www.jet-hot.com/

Was that the shop you contacted ?

Or did you reach out to T1 and they said they no longer do that to the cars they build ?

I'm also confused about if you have a 3" downpipe, do you have a 3" Dp ?

Unless your planning for big HP, why are you getting a ELH ?

The stock cast exhaust manifold is fine.

I had no problem connecting my 3" Dp to the stock 2.5" mid-pipe using the GS 2X thick gasket and some red RTV.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Or did you reach out to T1 and they said they no longer do that to the cars they build ?

yes, i did contact them (Mitch Mixon?). they said they just do the coating, but not doing pipe modify anymore. Problem now is the outlet of the dpipe is 2.5" and will attach to 3" TBE. So i'm looking for muffler shop could do the mod for me before mailing T1 all elh/uppipe/downpipe. i guess it's better to cut/welding before ceramic coat a whole piece rite?

I'm also confused about if you have a 3" downpipe, do you have a 3" Dp ?

yes, this is the dpipe (see pic)

Unless your planning for big HP, why are you getting a ELH ?

i'm not focusing power at this moment (supporting mod?), did lots of reading and found ppl said to avoid ringland failure on no.4 cylinder? will also pick up a getadom tube soon i install all parts/axle boot repair.

gtg, thanks again byron,

heading out with my dpipe now, will keep checking this post via my phone,see any shop could do (coz all of them said they either said don't have 3"flange or don't know what it is, yet need to see the actual pipe first). the most concern to me is they don't angle the flange correctly. x.x"

twohalfoutlet.thumb.jpg.44d19b56c06385f747e2d55c62fd2e94.jpg

Edited by markc0220k

Yes.

ok, bought and hopefully someone could cut/weld a 3"outlet and the flange for me soon (problem is wife and i are sharing a forester for us to work, my lgt is still on the jackstands ...)

Edited by markc0220k