LegacyGT.com

Lowering Outback with KYB Excel G

Hey guys

Has anyone run these shocks in a 4th Gen Outback BP wagon? Was going to lower the car wit stock liberty gt struts and springs but these KYB's are a good price and brand new - what springs should i go with ? and is install difficult i know the perch is higher on legacy than outback in the front and installing requires you to cut the original strut and install it inside that? Unsure about this process

Heres the link for the shocks

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Rear-KYB-EXCEL-G-Shock-Absorbers-for-SUBARU-Liberty-BL5-BL9-BP5-BP9-BPE/152899232099?fits=Model%3ALiberty%7CMake%3ASubaru&hash=item2399812163:g:Q~8AAOSwnwpfYw~i

any info and experience with these struts and installing them on a BP Outback ?

I have these on my ‘08 and have run them with stock springs and now with Rallitek stock height (but stiffer) springs. Ride quality is good, these are an OEM replacement for what you have essentially. I’m on the Outback specific Excel G though so can’t comment on ride quality with lower springs.

I have the KYB legacy struts set-up with OEM legacy gt wagon springs and 1 in. spacer in rear. They work good. I had JDM rev Bilsteins before and You needed a mouthguard. Plan on getting bigger front and rear bars and the rear bar re-inforcement brackets. My car now sits at legacy height. Edited by bdcvg
Add info