LegacyGT.com

Free advertising... Site Vendors must read!

eatV8

Guest *Jedimaster*
What's all the fuss about? Am I missing something? I dunno, keefe hooked me up with liteswap/brakeswap & I got a great deal on SS-lines, pads, & fluid, + a great walkthrough a-la keefe on how to install it all. I consider that beneficial.

He can hook you up with driving lessons too :lol:

Juuuuuuust kidding :lol:

He can hook you up with driving lessons too :lol:

Juuuuuuust kidding :lol:

:lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

What about me? :p

The site's wholly owned by you, right? You can do whatever you want, and it's understood that you are synonymous with the site itself. You should be the clearinghouse through which all advertising goes. When individuals start posting ads for vendors, though, and are compensated for it, the site runs the risk of becoming a http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/spam.gif-fest.

You should be the clearinghouse through which all advertising goes. When individuals start posting ads for vendors, though, and are compensated for it, the site runs the risk of becoming a http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/spam.gif-fest.

Man, that's a term for our business only I think

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I'm not a day trader, but something along that line of work

I never liked working with chicks. they take things too personally. It's never just business with them

What about me? :p

you own the site, so of course you have a financial relationship with vendors. it's plain as day to me that moderators having financial relationships with vendors COULD interfere with their objectivity. I'm not here to slam Keefe. I'm just giving my input on ethical guidelines.

and with all due respect to Keefe, who has contributed an enormous amount to this site, I think that eliminating the signature addresses one problem, but there is still the potential underlying problem. and who would know if a mod were doing little things to advance the interests of vendors? who watches the watchmen? the easiest way to address such a concern is to have a clear rule that prohibits mods from having any vested interest in vendor business on the site. keefe could either continue to contribute as a regular member, or he could sever his sponsor status with vendors on the site. OR, he should make a disclaimer anytime he makes a post that relates to any of those vendors he has ties to. many of us here may know what those ties are and take that into account, but there are probably many more on the site, or who are guests, who have no idea that Keefe benefits from his sponsorships with vendors here.

again, I'm not posting to slam anyone. this is not a personal attack on keefe, nor am I saying he has in fact abused his mod status. I'm simply saying that the potential for a conflict of interest exists and it would be good if some ethical policy was put in place to address that potential conflict.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I just caught wind of this thread and RACECOMP IS A PAYING VENDOR !!!!!!!

So whats the problem?.................I got an e-mail in August and started paying then. We ( I ) contribute to the forum etc. Again, whats the problem here?....Did I miss something?

Myles

There's no problem, and thank you for your support of the site. The only issue was the question of whether advertising should be handled exclusively through the site administrator, or if it was acceptable for individual members to "freelance", i.e. plug their "sponsors" in exchange for monetary or other considerations.

Archived