LegacyGT.com

MD, FREE 05-07 steering wheel control buttons Legacy/Outback??

Recently replaced my steering wheel with a used one, mine was heavily worn....anyway, I ended up with these buttons as extra....anyone want them? I think it came off an 05 Outback but not completely sure. Will ship to someone if you cover cost of shipping. Thanks

THESE ARE GONE THANKS

PXL_20201227_184353776.thumb.jpg.c1068d038dc36ed7e5d8e83e4e86f208.jpg

Edited by dbrunone
Added pic

These are for the automatic transmission, not audio controls right?

I assume audio controls.... the original wheel I bought from ebay said "2005-2007 Subaru Outback XT Steering Wheel MOMO Front Driver OEM 05-07"....based on my buttons that replaced them, I think one side is probably volume control and one side is up/down for CD track, FM station, etc?? But just a guess.

Those are for the auto. The MT controls have three buttons per side, including “mute” and “mode”.

Right its for the auto transmission cars, but the buttons dont control the transmission, which is what I think they were asking?

To my knowledge the buttons were used for sport shift because 05-07 did not have paddle shifters. Would be cool if they could be converted into audio controls, although that's probably a lot of unnecessary work that could be avoided by just buying the audio steering wheel buttons instead.

You can do a steering wheel swap that has the audio buttons. It requires some wiring to the back of the stereo. Not too difficult but not a cake walk either. Actually one of the next mods on the docket. Have everything to do it but time. There's a walk through on the forums

To my knowledge the buttons were used for sport shift because 05-07 did not have paddle shifters. Would be cool if they could be converted into audio controls, although that's probably a lot of unnecessary work that could be avoided by just buying the audio steering wheel buttons instead.

Ah, well mine is an MT so I assumed it was audio like mine. Anyway, I'll hang on to these for a few weeks if anyone wants them, will probably toss them after that