LegacyGT.com

anywhere else i could connect hid rely to power(+) beside battery terminal?

Why don’t you want to attach at the battery? It’s probably the best place for it. I have an old Morimoto bi-xenon setup with the 3Five ballasts, and they are fused 10A each. The only other place you could tap into that would be inside the main fuse box, or the stud on the alternator.

The projector definitely looks a little low in the housing, though my kit doesn’t sit exactly in the center either. Pretty sure it changes when the light is aimed?

Why don’t you want to attach at the battery?

coz i have no ideawhat makes my terminal keep buildup white powder(acid?) every summer, then after i did the baking powder trick to clean it.. the o-ring(connector from the light) corrosed, and so did the wire to inline fuse box as well. yes, i did frushing it well with distilled water to remove most acid (color like aqua? teal?) as possible..but still. so my last couple hid just last for 5~6yrs, not because of ballasts or bulbs fail .. it's because the connection.

Since i removed the front bumper, restored the whole headlight/lens.. see if there's other route to get the power and stay away from the terminals. :icon_neut

coz i have no ideawhat makes my terminal keep buildup white powder(acid?) every summer, then after i did the baking powder trick to clean it.. the o-ring(connector from the light) corrosed, and so did the wire to inline fuse box as well. yes, i did frushing it well with distilled water to remove most acid (color like aqua? teal?) as possible..but still. so my last couple hid just last for 5~6yrs, not because of ballasts or bulbs fail .. it's because the connection.

Since i removed the front bumper, restored the whole headlight/lens.. see if there's other route to get the power and stay away from the terminals. :icon_neut

How old is your battery? Usually, by the time you've got terminal Fun Dip, it's time to replace the battery, or figure out why the sulfate keeps getting stuck on there.

Edited by Pleides

How old is your battery? Usually, by the time you've got terminal Fun Dip, it's time to replace the battery.

umm... 4yrs? better-than-average grade i could find in local autozone.. the current one in my car is the 3rd battery, and it died since i havent touch it since a year ago, i just got it reconditioned last month.

long time ago, i didn't have any trouble with red top on my old 95' miata (with small amp, single din and little audio upgrade). also i have no problem with my wife's 15 forester (all stock). just don't know why it just happens on my 09 lgt (with small amp and stock headunit).

Edited by markc0220k

How old is your battery? Usually, by the time you've got terminal Fun Dip, it's time to replace the battery, or figure out why the sulfate keeps getting stuck on there.

yeah, i agree with you, i believe the cells (plate?) inside were getting old, so it shorten the battery life. but it just happens on my lgt.. 3 times in a row :confused: ?

umm... 4yrs? better-than-average grade i could find in local autozone.. the current one in my car is the 3rd battery, and it died since i havent touch it since a year ago, i just got it reconditioned last month.

long time ago, i didn't have any trouble with red top on my old 95' miata (with small amp, single din and little audio upgrade). also i have no problem with my wife's 15 forester (all stock). just don't know why it just happens on my 09 lgt (with small amp and stock headunit).

4 years is a pretty typical car battery life. Might be a good idea to replace it before it starts to become a larger issue.

Most batteries these days are all made by two or three manufacturers. I use NAPA Gold batteries but if you have a Costco membership you can get car batteries (usually in the tire department) for under $100 of good quality.