LegacyGT.com

5eat problem

I had a brand new 5eat installed by Subaru in my 08 legacy gt at 89,000 miles now have 210,000 miles and 121,000 on trans well these last few years while cruising down the highway it will spit trans fluid out the breather hose spraying all over the down pipe and side of the trans once I slow down or pull Over it stops and then doesn't happen again for months never tripping any codes this had happened 7 times within the last 3 years

I looked and commented in the other 5eat posts with no response but I don't think I could be the only one to experience this

Well this is turning out to be ineffective

FYI

Trans fluid is at proper level I have had to add some here and there due to it spitting it out and no leaks

Trans operates and shifts great I am just confused on what would cause it to put fluid out of the vent tube when it's not over filled

I have also put a new trans filter in its location behind the battery so I know it's not a plugged up filter causing excessive pressure buildup

It's mainly just annoying that it's happening and I'm sure the drivers behind me when it happens don't appreciate all the smoke