LegacyGT.com

And my wife said...

"Wow, this is really fast!" And then she said... (more in a minute) Yesterday, my wife and I test drove two Foresters for her and two '05 Legacy GT LTDs (wagon and sedan) for me .She liked the Forester, but wasn't particularly interested in driving the Legacy. So we finished our last Forester drive and climbed into a silver Legacy GT LTD 5EAT. I said, "OK. I'll drive it first and we can switch about 1/2 way." She said, "Yeah, Yeah. It's just a car." So off we went... Whoof! What a NICE ride! I love this car. It was great fun. :P But I felt like I needed my honey's opinion. So I pulled over and we swapped seats. She pulls up to the stop sign slowly, flips on the right turn signal and punches it! And then she says... "Wow, this is really fast!" Big grin on her face. :D We get to the next stop sign, turn right and she punches it again. "Wow, this is REALLY solid feeling!!!" Serious $hit-eatin' grin on her face. :P So it goes for another 3-4 miles 'til we get back to the car dealer. So we get out of the car and then she says two things that I have NEVER, EVER heard in nine years of marriage... "I REALLY like that car!" :o (Dan's jaw drops open.) Then she says, "Well, OK. You can buy the car, but I get to drive it too!" :o :o (Dan's jaw slams to the concrete, opening big gash in chin. Ambulance rushes Dan to hospital.) :mrgreen: You have to understand that in 9 years of marriage, my wife's typical response about my cars has been, "No, I don't want to drive your @#$# car!" (Acura Legend Coupe, Lexus, Volvo S80, Audi A4). But she loves the Legacy. In fact she liked it so much that she said, "I'm going to get a Forester. It's stupid to get the Legacy Wagon. I think you should get the Sedan!" :D Oh, yes. I like it too. Regards, Dan.

I think I've heard of more women giving thumbs up to this car than most others. It's decently priced, solid, performs well, and overall looks and appointments are fairly delightful for many. Not too much to balk at. :cool:

I was at a local meet last week and this married couple was there. The wife was looking at buying a WRX. She sat in my friends WRX to see what it was like, then I said she should look at the legacy. So she sits in it and a smile goes right on her face, she didn't even drive it and she already liked it I think. And when she gets out her husband says we are getting this car (or something like that). As soon as people go for a ride or just sit in the Legacy they like it, its pretty amazing :)

I had a very similar experience with my wife and a Wagon GT Limited last week. I'd been "shopping" for a new car for over 4 months (TT, A4, Accord, TSX, etc.). My wife already ran through the feelings of anger, frustration and confusion with me and was settled in a static state of indifference. Somehow I dragged her to see the Legacy (I guess she figured that was the only way she would get to spend any time with me) and she demonstrated her normal indifference. It wasn't until she sat in the wagon at the second dealership that it took hold. The huge sunroof did her in. She drove it around the block by herself and returned with a bigger smile than I have seen for quite a while. She babbled about how nice it drove and how fast it was. I had to hold her back from pulling out the checkbook on the spot. Within a day we were driving to a dealership an hour away on Friday night to pick up our new toy. She has never been this excited about a car. Let this be a warning to all of you guys out there--don't let your wife drive the GT Limited Wagon unless you are prepared to own one. I'm still trying to figure out what happened. Fortunately, I love the car and don't mind driving a wagon to work (especially with 250 lb.-ft. of torque). Time will tell if it's a good thing or not for my wife to love a car as much or more than I do...

My wife & I went to look at the legacy GT this weekend. I am thinking of trading my Acura TL. Normally she is indifferent about going to look at cars. When we got to the dealer, I was just going to drive through the lot and show her the car, but she said well aren't we going to stop and look! She was very impressed with the GT sedan and I was looking at the GT wagon. I have not looked at a Subaru in a number of years and must say that I was very impressed with the car. I have a feeling that the Subaru will be my next car. I love the new TL, but they are getting pricey in my opinion and I am sure they will raise prices when the 05s come out.

I'd been following the Legacy Countdown with GREAT anticipation for a long time. My wife knew I was chompping at the bit to drive one. When my son called us from a dealer's lot saying they were just unloading a half-dozen 2005 Legacys, my wife and I immediately drove down there. As we approached the line of new 2.5i and 2.5GTs my wife pointed to a OB 2.5GT Sedan - Limited [taupe interior] and said: "That one, that one is yours!!!" After a short test drive my wife said: "Let's go in and purchase it before someone else snaps it up". I was grinning ear to ear and couldn't stop.

I had a similar experience shopping for my new car. My wife wanted no part of the car shopping experience (I went to look at the TSX, G35, A4, 9-3, Passat, to name a few). When the local Subaru dealership finally got a car in that I could drive, I did and of course I loved it. I told my wife I was ready to do the deal, but not until she drove the car. she was hesitant, but tired of hearing me complain about having to drive "her" Jetta. She finally gave in and went on a test drive. Suffice to say, she drives "our" new Legacy every chance she gets. I think it's just that kind of car that will sell more from word of mouth and first hand experiences than from the manufacturers (lack of) marketing campaign. In fact, two people I work with who have checked out my car are in the process of getting one for themselves.

Dano... sounds familiar. I had a post about this a while back, but in a nutshell... The sales guy quotes the GT's power levels. She says, "Now what are you going to do with all that power on the street? Get more tickets???" Sounding like she's going to posture to only agree to the 2.5i. Grrr... Then she gets in. Takes the right-hander out of the parking lot, gives it about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle up to about 3,500. "Oh!" Shifts to second, does the same. "Wow!" About 1/4 mile later says, "Ok, I'm sold!" :D I also later heard, "But I get to drive it too!" :)

My wife helped pick the color and demanded that we get the spoiler. On our first test drive, I took it easy on the car, since it was brand new and not broken in. It was a 5EAT Red GT Lmtd sedan. After about 5 minutes, she is pushing me to pull over so she can try it. Ok... I admit that I am a "spirited" driver, but my wife FLOORED that thing and was making the tires bark through the corners.... I was impressed... So... now I wait for "my" car to be delivered.... :wink:

My fiance and I test drove the Acura TL and the Subaru GT Limited Sedan. I was sure she'd like the TL better because of the fit and finish...but she LOVED the Subaru. I am now the proud owner of a GT Limited Sedan that is just out of the break in!

My wife only drove mine recently, but loved it. She kept pushing the accelerator to the floor and commenting on how fast it is. Just like Dans wife, mine never really cared for powerful cars, but she loves the Liberty :twisted:

Archived