LegacyGT.com

Bolt on substitution for Td04hla-19t

Hi guys,

My td04hla-19t has some problems where water and oil sre mixed and found out that there is oil inside my coolant, inside the turbo there are oil stains. I wanna change the turbo , can u please tell me if VF44 or VF38 are bolton substitution for the Td04hla-19t? And if yes ,Is there any advantage or disadvantage changing it with the VF?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I know the VF38 and VF44 are definitely interchangeable. Never encountered a TD04HLA-19T, but given that they came on the same cars during different years it seems likely that that uses the same flanges as well.

However, I'm not sure I'd replace the turbo given your problems just because it's oil stained inside. Plenty of higher mile turbos will have some oil inside from high blowby or stuck PCV systems, etc. If I were you, I'd still pressure test the cooling system first and see where the leak is exactly. Is there no way to have a pressure tester shipped? They're pretty cheap online.