LegacyGT.com

Odd power delivery problem on 05 gt

Car has an exhaust and intercooler and is tuned for 18psi. I’ve noticed sometimes but not always if I go from 0 throttle to the floor from let says 2800-3500 it will build boost but torque feels like it’s dropping on its face. However if I roll onto the throttle and let the boost build a bit slower then mash the throttle it boosts much stronger. Again this doesn’t always happen but it’s something that’s been annoying me. Anyone have similar wxpiremces or might know why that’s happening.

No mean to scare you, but my car did this and was correcting for knock. My engine is being put in today :)

Oof, I’m not seeing any knock or damm loss but it certainly feels similar to timing being pulled. Is it possible to see no knock or damm decrease and still be pulling timing that much?

Oof, I’m not seeing any knock or damm loss but it certainly feels similar to timing being pulled. Is it possible to see no knock or damm decrease and still be pulling timing that much?

Potentially. How are your oil control valves doing for the AVCS system? Cleaning those out might help solve your problem. Is it kind of jerky at times?