LegacyGT.com

Headlights too bright???

• 1 month later...

Same here - I keep getting flashed at night by every 3rd - 5th car, and was getting very annoyed by this (to a point I would flash them back with "real" hibeams"). Will look at adjusting the angle.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, rockier said:

Check the rear coils. I had that problem with the back of the car sets to low and the head lights are pointing up. Do you notice the Angle gauge in the car not accurate. Open up the truck and put your weight in it. Does the car drop about 2 to 3 inch. I also notice when making fast turns the car felt like the back of the car wanted to go around on me.

My fix was to have a Custom Subaru shop here in town put the coils from the 2020 Outback on the car. This change the ride, handling, and the back of the car being staple. With all that the head lights are pointing where they should be and the Angle gauge in the car is correct now.

I hope this help it did in my car. I picked it up 10/2019

Can you provide the part number for the Outback rear coils (were you just able to replace the Legacy springs with Outback's - or the entire assembly (strut/spring and mounts) had to be swapped out)? I actually would like to install these over my stock ones - not just for the reasons you mention, but the fact that the car bottoms out on driveway ramp since I installed a hitch (which otherwise has a reasonable clearance) when there are passengers in the back. I think the coil replacement will solve both problems and improve the ride, as you mentioned.

Edited by dohturdima