LegacyGT.com

A boost leak or am I being paranoid?

...wow, I haven't posted here in a minute but I know 5th gen zeitgeist here won't let me down...I hope :lol:

...anyways, on my way in to work today I noticed that how much I tried, I couldn't hit my target boost (18+ psi). Boost just stopped building right around 15psi. So after work I went ahead did some logging, sure enough I could still barely hit 16psi while I was gathering the data. I took a look at the log and TD Boost Error seems to average around 3psi or so and my DAM is 1 for the entire run. I'm wondering if I can chalk this boost loss up to the heat and humidity or if there is something else going on here? I took a look around my engine bay and nothing seems to stand out (charge pipe and TMIC look good) but I can swear my car is a bit louder induction noise-wise under boost than it has been before. I still need to take a look under my car to get eyes on the diverter valve and turbo inlet though...any thoughts?

...wow, I haven't posted here in a minute but I know 5th gen zeitgeist here won't let me down...I hope :lol:

...anyways, on my way in to work today I noticed that how much I tried, I couldn't hit my target boost (18+ psi). Boost just stopped building right around 15psi. So after work I went ahead did some logging, sure enough I could still barely hit 16psi while I was gathering the data. I took a look at the log and TD Boost Error seems to average around 3psi or so and my DAM is 1 for the entire run. I'm wondering if I can chalk this boost loss up to the heat and humidity or if there is something else going on here? I took a look around my engine bay and nothing seems to stand out (charge pipe and TMIC look good) but I can swear my car is a bit louder induction noise-wise under boost than it has been before. I still need to take a look under my car to get eyes on the diverter valve and turbo inlet though...any thoughts?

What’s the boost(vacuum) at idle fully warmed up?

Af learning for a,b,c and d?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the boost(vacuum) at idle fully warmed up?

Af learning for a,b,c and d?

At a fully warmed idle I'm seeing:

Boost/Vacuum: -8.52/-8.15

AF Learning 1A: -0.60/-0.60

AF Learning 1B: -3.50/-3.50

AF Learning 1C: -1.60/-1.60

AF Learning 1D: 0.00/0.00

Edit: Attached log file

09112020-Datalog.csv

Edited by Syndicate

At a fully warmed idle I'm seeing:

Boost/Vacuum: -8.52/-8.15

AF Learning 1A: -0.60/-0.60

AF Learning 1B: -3.50/-3.50

AF Learning 1C: -1.60/-1.60

AF Learning 1D: 0.00/0.00

Edit: Attached log file

Should be alittle closer to -9/-10 at idle.

You did have your ac off?

Grab a can of break cleaner and spray all possible lines/connections and see if idles jumps.

Verify tmic to throttle body coupler is sealed and not ripped if it’s stock.

Should be alittle closer to -9/-10 at idle.

You did have your ac off?

Grab a can of break cleaner and spray all possible lines/connections and see if idles jumps.

Verify tmic to throttle body coupler is sealed and not ripped if it’s stock.

...so yeah, my ac was on when I got the vacuum number. After an errand I checked and it was -12. I'll have to pick up some brake cleaner to check the old school way.

...so yeah, my ac was on when I got the vacuum number. After an errand I checked and it was -12. I'll have to pick up some brake cleaner to check the old school way.

-12 will be the best vacuum you can get. So I doubt there is a leak

What map are you running? Ots or protune/etune?

Edited by Fabsx