LegacyGT.com

Flashing Check Engine (High RPM)

Hi Team

I'm brand new to this forum and am planning on doing quite a bit of research, but I had one small question. I have an 05 Legacy Limited GT with the 2.5 Turbo. It seems to run really well however, whenever I get anywhere above 5,000 rpms I get a check engine light flash and what seems to be a cutout or backfire. The check engine light doesn't stay on, however I scanned the ECU anyway and it came back with a cylinder 2 and 4 misfire. The car still runs fine, but I am looking for some perspective here.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Josh

First off, make sure the coil connector is tightly installed and then may be pop them off and spray some electrical contact cleaner in there.

When was the last time the plugs were replaced, they are due at 60,000 miles.

They should be gaped at .027-.029" if to wide you could be blowing out the spark.

If your pulling the plugs to check, might as well replace them.

#2 and #4 cylinders are known to have scoring or burnt valves.

Good Luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You do not have to use factory coil packs. I use intermotor from Rock Auto, and I swaer they are subaru ones with out the stamp on them. My LGT and WRX ran great with no problems.

just repeating what I've heard from several tuners and what has been said on here a bunch of times. high RPM/high boost misfire could kill an engine, I'll stick with the factory parts that worked for 150k miles over saving $100 :cool: