LegacyGT.com

Anyone Tried the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

Slider

I searched and only found someone asking for input, but that was several months ago. My Legacy will need some new tires and my wife will be the one heading down to Discount Tire or whatever to get them since I am still in Afghanistan. I would like to be able to tell her what to get so she doesn't have to deal with it.

I normally live in Colorado Springs, so we do get some snow. I've personally used Michelin Pilots, Falken ST115a, and some Conti-something-or-other-Contacts. The Falkens were absolutely horrible in the snow, granted they were on a Grand Prix GTP (so lots of power and only FWD). The Michelins were great tires, but very, very expensive -- they were also on the GTP. The Contis are on my Acura CL and seem to do great in the snow so far.

The Legacy doesn't need performance tires (not a GT) and I am only leasing it. I don't really like it actually. But I do need something that will last for a while. I don't like replacing tires every year like I did on my GTP. It gets expensive when it's $1200 for a set of Michelins.

So, like the title says...any input on the Assurance TripleTred would be greatly appreciated. If not I will probably stick with the Contis which are a bit cheaper anyways.

Thanks...

A few people on the Grand Am forums I visit have them and like them. But if you're only leasing the car there's no point in spending over $100 a tire. Also, I think they're rated for ~70K miles, again no point in getting tires that will last that long if you're only leasing the car. Unless you plan on buying it out.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived