LegacyGT.com

Air ride suspension kit tips

Hey guys!

I am going to be going the route of air ride for my 05 LGT sedan, and I was wondering if I could get some leads on the best kit per the community. Doesn't need to be the BEST kit, a good mid range kit.

New to air ride but it is guaranteed what I want for the LGT after seeing/driving a buddy's with air ride.

TIA

AFAIK, there isn't a prebuilt kit from any manufacturer. Since Accuair is gone, guess you're going Air Lift?

Make sure you know a good shop for alignments on air suspension cars. Also make sure the rest of your suspension's bushings are replaced (preferably with aftermarket polyurethane if you're gonna be super low and/or running lots of camber) since they're going to be trashed by now just based on age alone.

Also, look into air cups for coilover kits like the Fortune Auto 500.

Thanks for the response.

I am going to get a master bushing kit and get all of that done first, and I'm starting to call shops for that specific type alignment.

As for brands, I was hoping to find some advice on here. There are quite a few brands (even Raceland ) so I'm not sure if anyone here has a preferred brand.

I'm not going to go super low or run any ridiculous negative camber. Just want to have it sit pretty low when I'm parked, don't need to be sitting frame on ground or anything.

You mean like people who own air ride cars?

I've been in the Subaru game a long time (compared to how old I am), and I'm not going to be leaving anytime soon.

I just want to do a different build for my daily.

I guess in your area, air ride is fine.

I younger guy at work 20y/o wanted to to bag his new WRX a couple years back. I tried my best to talk him out of it. Of course he didn't listen.

A year later the bags were gone and the car has never been the same (as stock) since going back to a normal style set up.

He still complains about it every now and then.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had plans on bagging my wife’s first obxt for highway trips. I originally wanted to just lower it and she wanted it high in case we ever went off roading (we never did) now our second obxt is mine and the last I’d want to do is bag it. I think it’ll be cool, but at the end of the day the cons will outweigh the gains imo. I think you should do it just because I’m not paying for it and I’d like to see it!

AFAIK, there isn't a prebuilt kit from any manufacturer. Since Accuair is gone, guess you're going Air Lift?

Make sure you know a good shop for alignments on air suspension cars. Also make sure the rest of your suspension's bushings are replaced (preferably with aftermarket polyurethane if you're gonna be super low and/or running lots of camber) since they're going to be trashed by now just based on age alone.

Also, look into air cups for coilover kits like the Fortune Auto 500.

A simple google search found

https://edgeautosport.com/ksport-airtech-basic-air-suspension-system-subaru-legacy-2005-2009-all-models/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uv_vKOv6wIVhYjICh3wEAZ5EAQYAiABEgJX9_D_BwE

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/k-sport-deluxe-air-ride-suspension-2005-2009-subaru-legacy?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uv_vKOv6wIVhYjICh3wEAZ5EAQYAyABEgLUBvD_BwE

https://www.bagriders.com/subaru-legacy-bl-bp-outback-bag-riders-manual-air-ride-kit.html

Someones making something!

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have 02-07 WRX BC BRs sitting around and I could just buy the rear corners from them and run those....I think the front corners fit both wrx and LGT---not 100% sure but they look the same.

I may just do that-->put the BRs on, but I've always wanted a bagged car for my daily.

Thanks for the links, will check those out now.

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have 02-07 WRX BC BRs sitting around and I could just buy the rear corners from them and run those....I think the front corners fit both wrx and LGT---not 100% sure but they look the same.

I may just do that-->put the BRs on, but I've always wanted a bagged car for my daily.

Thanks for the links, will check those out now.

I don’t believe any part of the strut/top hats/spring equation on our cars is shared with the WRX. Give BC an email and see if they can help you out before you embark on that.

• 10 months later...
You may be interested in speaking with user BagRiderJohn, he has a build thread here: John Hall's 2007 Spec-B DD Build. He has mentioned having previous cars on air suspension and he will be doing the same to his current project I believe

Thanks for the shout out!

Sorry I missed this thread, I'm guessing OP has since figured out which route they're going.

Bag Riders carries bolt-in kits for the BL/BP chassis. Of course, my specB is bagged :)

For any future visitors who find this thread, please feel free to DM me with any questions you may have. I'm happy to answer questions about air suspension, which kits are available for Legacy GTs, differences in control systems, etc. Anything you need to know :) At Bag Riders, we carry products for hundreds of vehicles and maintain an absolutely massive inventory of Air Suspension parts in our multiple warehouses. You can email us, call us at 844 404 7344, or DM me directly with any questions, whichever you'd prefer.

Hoping I'm not stepping on any toes as far as forum advertisers go, definitely not my intention here. Just trying to support fellow enthusiasts! If I've accidentally violated any forum policy please please please DM me! :)

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)