LegacyGT.com

Rear Aux Power socket?

I've been wondering what this is? Is it a power socket thing? For accessories? I'm stumped, but curious as to it's function. It's located in the secret stash spot, in the driver's side rear of the wagon. Right by the taillights. Thanks

IMG_0487.thumb.jpg.3235599585b38907201b14509f9f1689.jpg

Well, it is where the Outback wagon has a 12v power socket, in the top plug. In the Legacy wagons, they used the same panel, but didn't include the socket itself. The wiring is there, so you can get the socket and install it easily, if you wanted to have it. This was one of the first mods I did to my Legacy wagon way back in 2004.

I've attached the page in the owner's manual where they show it.... they used the same manual for the Outback and Legacy wagons.

And I'm sure there are other threads on here, but here is mine from 2004. Unfortunately, no one (including myself) followed up with any install details, but I don't think there was much to it.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/power-outlet-rear-wagon-4755.html

2123862990_rearoutlet.thumb.jpg.72b03131a21dd6b41490f68abf3e6178.jpg

Edited by csaari

So, with all that being said, is there an appropriate inverter for use with the rated output of the alternator? Not sure what the rated output of a stock alternator even is.. Or just don't use over a combined 120 Watts. Edited by Jolbaru_LGT