LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy OEM remote engine start

Hello guys,

I have a 2017 Legacy premium, which uses a standard key for the ignition. After performing work on it with the battery disconnected, I tried starting it with the remote engine start (separate black key fob), and after 3 minutes my car shuts down. Previously, it ran for 15 minutes (dealer probably programmed it like that right away).

I know there's a run time procedure sequence, like sit in the car, close the doors, move key to on/off position 3x, wait for a horn, etc... But for some reason it's not working for me.

Is it because the car takes the standard key? I read in a different thread that it worked on a push-button start model.

I hope I can get some help. Thanks!

did you look at the manual or go thru the menu system. There is probably a setting for that

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1520137/Subaru-Remote-Start.html?page=2#manual

Enter the vehicle and close all vehicle doors, trunk or rear gate.2.Verify that the transmission shifter is in the "park" position.3.Turn the ignition "ON" then "OFF", "ON" then "OFF", "ON" then "OFF", then back "ON" and leave on throughoutthe programming process.(ON/OFF ignition cycles must be completed within eight (8) seconds).4.The system will honk the horn the number of times corresponding to thecurrent run time setting.5.Open and close the driver's door to advance to the next run time setting.The system will honk the horn the number of times corresponding to thenew run time setting.6.Run time selection mode will exit via turning off the ignition or thirty (30)seconds of inactivity. Upon exit, the current run time selection will be restored

Horn Honks1234Run TimeThree (3) MinutesFive (5) MinutesTen (10) MinutesFifteen (15) Minutes(Default Setting)

Edited by Whitesnake

I have read the manual, but there's nothing regarding the problem I have. I tried that exact same procedure.

As far as the menu, I didn't look on the screen in the car. I doubt there's anything. I'm still wondering if there's a difference between programming a pushbutton start vs a key start model?

Thanks

Guys, I have the procedure. In fact, Whitespace even posted it up here. Unless, there's a different procedure you have.. And yes, I did use the search bar.

My question is: * is there a difference between programming a pushbutton start vs a key start model?