LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket exhaust options that are quiet?

My 2010 LGT is completely stock. I love how quiet the car is, but the exhaust is pretty rusted and will need to be replaced at some point.

Does anyone know which aftermarket options are as quiet or at least close to stock exhaust? Thanks!

Quiet...no aftermarket muffler are as quiet as stock. You should try to find a stock system, most people don't want them but shipping the whole setup is expensive and if it's in good shape no sense in throwing it away so they get stored in the shed or garage until the end of time. I have a stock set of mufflers that are in good shape sitting in my shed.

Best bet though is to find a muffler shop and have them build you an exhaust, if you tell them you want quiet they should have something. You just won't find it with any of the big name performance systems.

I'm running an Invidia Catted DP, stock mid-section and a pair of Nameless 5" mufflers. I'm not sure you can get much quieter than this besides stock and I think it's quiet enough to not seem like a boy racer to my neighbors. On the highway, unless I floor it, I can't tell that it even has an exhaust which I like. But this is the minimum amount for a proper-ish stage 2 tune. (technically you can use the stock mufflers, but they really cork it up)

Here's a couple videos from this past week on my dyno tuning session and one interior clip

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMYDojMCDyHB-lvlz2tjLbtBN2IDRv6UfxYVyFsOq62SL9hZLNDJkEefZkD9Lc9dg?key=aHBOX2hFbUo2aUNKV1NHR2oySTBNSUtxZ1VNQVRR

IMO though, if you really want it quiet, follow what FLlegacy said and have a shop build you one with some decent sized mufflers.

Quiet is possible with adding an extra muffler where stock resonator lives. My 3" setup has magnaflow in its place, then a vibrant resonator before Y split, followed by prodrive mufflers. Sound is just a bit louder than stock, and two notches up at WOT. Sounds like a stock Porche

• 5 months later...
Quiet is possible with adding an extra muffler where stock resonator lives. My 3" setup has magnaflow in its place, then a vibrant resonator before Y split, followed by prodrive mufflers. Sound is just a bit louder than stock, and two notches up at WOT. Sounds like a stock Porche

Do you have any videos of this? Would love to hear your setup and also to see the prodrive mufflers!

Invidia q300 is pretty quiet for aftermarket. I upgraded and nought and installed the invidia dual n1 setup which is louder.

If you were in hawaii, id sell it to you for $400,..but since ur in the mainland ahipping would probably cost $400....

A video of this setup would be awesome.