LegacyGT.com

HPDE / Lapping - thoughts on my 2.5i (vs buying 3.6r or WRX)

Which option would you recommend  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you recommend

• Sell 2.5i and purchase 3.6r
    • Sell 2.5i and purchase WRX w/CVT
    • Keep the 2.5i and mod where possible
    • Keep the 2.5i and get lower end car for track

Fill up with highest octane gas you can find (92/93). Go do a day. Focus on learning the course, and learning the skills. Get an instructor to ride with you all day. You'll want to take a fast lap, but don't do a lot as all it does is burn up your brakes. Don't let upgrades get in the way of going to the track. Seat time pays more dividends than any other modification.

boxkita, you sound like you know what you are talking about :) ... so I'm just wondering if you have any video of some of your track days, because I'd like to see some if you did.

boxkita, you sound like you know what you are talking about :) ... so I'm just wondering if you have any video of some of your track days, because I'd like to see some if you did.

The links in my sig lead to my history of track driving and lessons learned. There's a link to the last time I drove my wagon on track. I think the transmission failed a couple weeks after that day.

I've been wanting to go through the stack of chips and dvds and post up others. I've been somewhat hesitant to posting as the story Ive told my wife vs what I actually did vary wildly in some cases. However, I'll see about putting together a highlight reel.

Up until a year ago, I was an instructor for Porsche Driver Skills. I did some hpde instruction but found data analysis a better teaching tool than sitting right seat. Now, I try to help ppl skip the mistakes I made. OP is relatively local to me, so I hope to see him and kids on track in the future.

For those that want track vids, I’ll just leave this here :)