LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0 - anyone swapped in a 3.6?

Wondering if anyone has swapped in a 3.6 engine to replace the 3.0, and were there any surprises or was it a straight swap? The 3.6 is 21mm ( 0.81" ) longer due to some change in the camshaft drive, so it should fit without any problems. I've heard you need the ECU to go with the 3.6, and possibly the TCU? My car is 2007 so is Canbus, and also has the 5EAT auto gearbox. All the 3.6 cars have the CVT gearbox, so I don't think the CVT TCU would work with my 5EAT, which I think I'd like to keep, and just change the engine. So would my 3EAT TCU work with the 3.6 ECU and everything would talk and be happy together?

Have you asked this question to google ? type it in the search bar.

I believe there is a place close to you, where "gramps" does this kind of stuff. You can find them doing all kinds of stuff to Subaru's on youtube.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you asked this question to google ? type it in the search bar.

I believe there is a place close to you, where "gramps" does this kind of stuff. You can find them doing all kinds of stuff to Subaru's on youtube.

Yes I've seen their stuff, but they have a turbo, manual gearbox, Haltech ECU etc. I just want the stock standard 3.6 engine with factory ECU and my auto gearbox and TCU to all work together

Yes, but the point was, they may have some info on what your trying to do.

Are they in your country ?

May be they have a web site, or that mighty car mods thing where you could reach out for help.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here