LegacyGT.com

Pittsburgh, PA - Tein Coilovers - $250

I have a set of Tein Street Basis Z I ran on my car for about a year and a half (~21k miles). They are fully assembled with tophats, and I have 1" lift spacers on them, which can easily be removed. The tophats were new when I assembled them. The front tophat bearings have a very slight amount of play, but I never noticed it while they were on the car.

There is some rust around the lower mounting locations and the edges of the tophats, but otherwise they're in pretty good shape. The adjustment threads are starting to get some surface rust, but they are still adjustable with the spanner wrenches (included!). A good wire brushing and paint would probably stop the rust. I adjusted these every spring and fall with no issues.

As for driving impressions, these are leagues better than the stock 10-12 legacy suspension. With the spacers, height adjustment ranges from slightly higher than stock down to dragging on speed bumps. I only took these off because I graduated to Koni's (my long term goal when originally buying these). Comparatively, the spring rate is about the same as the H&R spring option, but there is less damping than the Koni's. That means these are a very good first step to a better-than-stock, sporty suspension, at less than a quarter of the price of going full Koni or fancy coilover. For anyone who isn't looking to set lap times, I'd probably recommend these over Koni's based on bang for your buck alone.

Price is $250, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Willing to ship at buyer's expense.

IMG_1951.thumb.jpg.3d1e32448e7753c93dd46897c312ad89.jpg

IMG_1952.thumb.jpg.2bd489c5e08876cba92bc3c77adfa18c.jpg

IMG_1954.thumb.jpg.e1c5ab0b396d422208eee33e43cd060e.jpg