LegacyGT.com

WA - 2005 Legacy GT 5MT Wagon BSM

Brock Samson

Car is sold to a buyer off craigslist, don't know his username here. $5300 cash.

Year, Make and Model: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

Color: Brilliant Silver Metallic

Miles: 128,258

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Title: Clear - no accidents

Lien: No liens

VIN: 4S3BP686356316142

Seller's email address: nospam.chrism@gmail.com

Asking Price: $5550 Willing to negotiate

Background Information

The time to sell a car I have put much love, sweat, tears, and blood into, Peggy the Leggy 2005 GT wagon.

She was purchased on LegacyGT.com from a private seller in 2010. He was the first owner and this car spent 1 year in upstate NY, 4 years in Atlanta GA, and the remaining years here in Seattle. We've cleaned her up nicely, but she does have all the cosmetic dings, scuffs, etc of a primary family car that took us so many wonderful places. She was never used for commuting, as we have always biked or taken public transit to and from work.

Currently the car as Altimax snow tires mounted on the OEM 17" alloys. The car also comes with a set of Enkei EKM3 17" wheels, however the summer tires mounted on those are not road suitable. Both sets of wheels have some minor curb rash.

Many, if not all of the problem mechanical items have been replaced or fixed, and mods are only minor (with potential). All work done by myself post purchase at approx 37k miles:

• 2012- OEM Turbo blew, engine was immediately turned off and took a flatbed home. No signs of any debris exiting turbo into IC. Turbo replaced with a BNR 18g rebuild. (yes I had big plans back then)
    2012- Bulletproof TMIC mod
    2012- Infamous oil line V1 added (all this happened at the same time.
    2012- Clutch replaced with Exedy FJK1001FW including the lightweight single mass flywheel (current clutch is Exedy 15804, flywheel was resurfaced by professional machine shop in 2018 at 115k miles)

Following is not in chronological order, I have this all written out in a google doc I can share with interested parties. Logs all oil changes etc:
    Power Steering Pump, reservoir, and hydraulic lines to the steering rack
    New Starter Motor
    New Radiator and all hoses
    New Alternator
    AC Idler Pulley Replaced
    Valve cover leak fixed
    Spark Plugs replaced (OEM) at 73k
    100k Service: New Timing Belt, idlers, tensioner, water pump (all Gates Made in USA stuff)
    100k completely overhauled brake system. Rebuilt calipers, flushed fluid, new rotors, New Pads, rear brake lines swapped to StopTech stainless steel (front SS brake lines come with car)
    All transmission and shifter bushings have been recently replaced, shifter feels fantastic
    Both Lower Control Arms have been replaced with aluminum control arms
    All ball joints have been replaced at various times
    Both rear wheel bearings have been replaced
    Both front CV axles have been replaced
    Harmonic balancing pulley replaced
    Transmission Fluid, Rear Diff Fluid, Coolant, and of course engine oil all changed regularly with high quality fluids

Other Mods:
    Kartboy short shifter
    Apexcone HID low beam headlights (Car comes with a spare set of bulbs)
    Fumoto Oil Valve
    Stereo Aux-in connected to a Bluetooth receiver
    PIAA Silicone Wipers
    All exterior bulbs including fog lights replaced recently

Comes with new steering tie rods, some extra suspension bushings, and some other assorted stuff.

Edited by Brock Samson
SOLD

Nice wagon! I don't see it in the ad, but is part of the cluster not lighting up? I don't recall my wagon doing that, but it's been years. Anyway, best of luck! Should go quick at that price!

Oh sorry, it only does that if you push the button in the cluster when the car is off. I'll get a full picture of the dash sweep, I don't believe any lamps are out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to everyone who has PM'd me, I've had to help my best friend go through an emergency divorce and move over the past week or 2. After the holiday weekend I'll respond to PM's in order.

For those of you that have asked, yes there is a dent with some rust in the driver's side rear quarter panel from a grocery cart impact. Quotes to professionally repair it have run around $700 in the Seattle area, I kept meaning to just do it myself- anyone with a small wire wheel, some time, some Bondo, and some paint could fix it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet, car is still for sale. Posting to Craigslist today, and I may submit it to Carsandbids.com soon if I don't get more serious local interest.

New pics should be coming soon.

Oh and the intercooler sold already, sorry I would have listed it on its own if I knew there was so much interest in Perrin IC's.

Enkei EKM3 wheels are also for sale separately, will take any reasonable offer and can potentially deliver them.

Edited by Brock Samson
intercooler

What's that in your CD player? If the previous turbo were to have let undetected pieces slip the damage they could have caused would have manifested already--no?

I've got a 2005 I bought off someone here and recently (in last six months) I discovered it's got a burnt valve, and this is cheaper than a new engine for that one.

What's that in your CD player? If the previous turbo were to have let undetected pieces slip the damage they could have caused would have manifested already--no?

I've got a 2005 I bought off someone here and recently (in last six months) I discovered it's got a burnt valve, and this is cheaper than a new engine for that one.

Its a magnetic phone mount. Super cool and great way to get a rock solid mount on for your phone.

Turbo definitely didn't damage the engine when it went, I was really careful to stop right away and put it on a flatbed. No real signs in the old turbo of the vanes getting busted up.