LegacyGT.com

Full sized spare - using aftermarket wheel?

loopless

I'm keen to get have a full sized spare (shame on subaru for not providing one) for my LGT as I am planning some long trips soon. I've been lurking in the classifieds for some time, but have missed out on the few times the sellers will split up their set of stock wheels. List price from Subaru is $265 for the wheel alone.

I have a tire ,so I was thinking of just going to Discount Tire/Tire Rack and picking up a 17x7 aftermarket wheel for $110 or so.

My question is how important is it to exactly match the stock wheel offset ( whatever that is) assuming I may end up driving, say, a few hundred miles after a flat until I can get the original tire fixed/replaced.

theres enough space if you take out the other crap
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 on removing stuff. I have a full sized spare in my trunk and the only thing is that you have to remove that black tray. Thats ok because it looks like something that comes packed with a TV. Good old Subaru shaving $$$ by using crappy material!!! Anyway if you find an person looking to split them up I'll buy two stockers.

-T

Hey, if you don't mind massive vibration and some loss in handling then use whatever wheel and tire you want. If you want it to drive right then you should use the same offset and same size tire on your spare. Preferably you should use the same type of wheel too. If you've got a 20 lb wheel on one side and a 40 lb wheel on the other then you could notice some differences. Just maybe. (I'm being sarcastic by the way. You will feel a big difference.)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived