LegacyGT.com

No Boost!!!!Whats the deal?!!!!

I recently replaced my turbo in my 06 and upgraded to an invidia up pipe. It's a rebuilt vf40 from Hill Country Forced Induction. Everything seems to drive fine and i'm not getting any codes, but i'm barely getting boost. It's maybe getting 5psi. I've checked for leaks and don't hear anything abnormal. But my turbo inlet is looking pretty shitty. It was fine when I installed the new turbo, no rips or tears, but now its looking a little shot. Could that be a reason i'm not making boost? Or is it a vacum line i'm not checking? Restrictor pill seems fine and I cleaned my MAF sensor. AP shows my wastegate duty is fine.:confused:

I recently replaced my turbo in my 06 and upgraded to an invidia up pipe. It's a rebuilt vf40 from Hill Country Forced Induction. Everything seems to drive fine and i'm not getting any codes, but i'm barely getting boost. It's maybe getting 5psi. I've checked for leaks and don't hear anything abnormal. But my turbo inlet is looking pretty shitty. It was fine when I installed the new turbo, no rips or tears, but now its looking a little shot. Could that be a reason i'm not making boost? Or is it a vacum line i'm not checking? Restrictor pill seems fine and I cleaned my MAF sensor. AP shows my wastegate duty is fine.:confused:
Check the t going from the compressor to the wastegate and also if your boost control solenoid is stuck closed. I believe the wastegate is set to open at around 8psi so if you BCS isn't opening that's all you will get

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Check the t going from the compressor to the wastegate and also if your boost control solenoid is stuck closed. I believe the wastegate is set to open at around 8psi so if you BCS isn't opening that's all you will get

Thanks i'll try that. I checked the line with the regulator pill, shoulda checked the others while I was at it. How do I go about checking the BCS tho?

Thanks i'll try that. I checked the line with the regulator pill, shoulda checked the others while I was at it. How do I go about checking the BCS tho?
You can put the car in test mode if ur car has it and feel if it clicks open and close. If all looks good with the boost control system, try to pressurize the intake to see if you're leaking anywhere.