LegacyGT.com

Verticooler installed...

Info in your chargepipe....

Is that custom or vendor brand,...

Nice verticooler.

I read you just need 2 of the perrin intercooler to intake couplers to get it to fit to oem chargepipe....

Did you custom tune after and what were your gains?

Nice verticooler.

I read you just need 2 of the perrin intercooler to intake couplers to get it to fit to oem chargepipe....

Good day bro,

I got the Verticooler TMIC to fit in the car very nice. Modification or fabrication was done for the charge pipe from the Turbo to the Intercooler...as the stock kit is not for our vehicle. One of the stock silicone hose that came with the kit, was used from the intercooler to the throttle body...no issues. Also the brackets that came with the kit...may not work on our vehicle...So I had to do some modification to one of the bracket to assist with the steadiness of the intercooler. I'll try to get some pics of what i'm speaking about...so you can have a feel of what i'm talking about.

Nice... How did you connect the intercooler hose?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

It was connected the Silicone hose that was supplied in the kit. Note if the kit did not have a silicone hose to aid in the installation...then i would have purchase same to complete the installation.

Nice verticooler.

I have not custom tune as yet....as I need an Boost & WideBand Gauge installed first and I need New Plugs...change engine Oil ad then tune. We'll see what number I get

I would have love to upload a video of how the TMIC fits...but i'm not sure if the site can accommodate videos. Actually the fitment is good with lots of room.

If you guys wish and you do have an Facebook account...you can look for Teddy's Welding and Fabrication Services and you will see some before and after pictures of the intercooler job. Also you'll see how nice she's sitting on the BC's coilovers.

This is what I did with my charge pipe...

IMG_7026.thumb.jpg.4a839926aaf0cdf4bd31c794daa1b518.jpg

I had to shave down the plastic on the fan guard a bit to get it to fit and it's tight, but it works fine. I have been running it about 5,000miles with no issues. I'm pushing 20lbs of boost right now and going to be filling up with E85 this weekend and I'm thinking we will be turning up the boost a little bit more.:) I hope the stock plastic flange holds up!

What are the benefits to the vert cooler over the stock TMIC?

[ATTACH]284623[/ATTACH]

I had to shave down the plastic on the fan guard a bit to get it to fit and it's tight, but it works fine. I have been running it about 5,000miles with no issues. I'm pushing 20lbs of boost right now and going to be filling up with E85 this weekend and I'm thinking we will be turning up the boost a little bit more.:) I hope the stock plastic flange holds up!

More airflow and charge cooling, since the orientation is vertical the air passes directly through it rather than at an angle like most tmic. Definitely one of the better tmic options.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]284623[/ATTACH]

OK...I like your constructive mindset. I'm not home at the moment to send you guys a picture of my charge pipe directly off the turbo...but because I have had purchase the Verticooler kit...we were able to use the New flange from the kit to bolt on to the stock turbo and in addition use a piping from the kit...both was welded and from the I used the silicone hose to connect the top piping towards the Intercooler and then another to finally connect the piping to the intercooler inlet.

[ATTACH]284623[/ATTACH]

So in other words...I was only able to use 2 silicone hoses from the Turbo to the Intercooler inlet.