LegacyGT.com

Valve body mod weird.

So I have about 150-200 miles on my valve body mod already. Decided to give it some wot pulls.

All I can say is wow. It shifts so fast and firm and I mean really firm.

Only problem I’m having is 1st to 2nd it feels like it wants to shift into 2nd really starting at about 5500-6000 rpm but actually doesn’t shift until it hits 7k. It’s really weird to explain. Once it does shift it almost breaks the tires loose it wants to go sideways a little.

Best way I can explain it is. From a dead stop floor the pedal climbs up to 5500 car stops pulling as hard like I slowed down, all the way up to 7000 then bang 2nd up to 7k bang 3rd up to 7k bang 4th and so on.

Still learning? Install error? Or clutch packs slipping?

Did you do a relearn of the TCM after the mod? My bet is the TCM is confused with the new pressures and changes it's seeing. Sounds like the same issue many of us have with our stock 5EAT's. Rev, slide, bang.....not good.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I didn’t reset if that’s what you’re asking but I did drive it around babying it for about 200 miles.

It kind of feel likes it slipping but it doesn’t rev like it’s in neutral just stops pulling drops apart 300 rpm and then it shifts.

It’s worse in part throttle 1st to 2nd is messy. While all the other gear shifts are firm

I’m gonna says it’s either slipping or still learning.

Driving around normally this is the best I can describe it. In sport # it tries to shift at 3k but when it tries to shift it revs up and down a few hundred rpms for a second or two and then shifts into second.

No other gear has this problem tho. Wot they are all firm with the 1st to 2nd feeling like it stops pulling after 5k but does form shift into 2nd. Normal they are all semi firm. While 1st to 2nd has the problem I said above. And granny driving none are noticeable when they shift. 1st to 2nd still feels weird compared to the others tho.

Anyone have any idea why ClimbeD doesn’t use the orange spring in the transgo kit?

I know he doesn’t drill the holes and use the orifice because he says it’s only need for too firm of a shift from 1st to 2nd. But I didn’t see anything explaining why no orange spring.

• 2 weeks later...