LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

two things that still suck....

1) Drive-Thru food places, most still have their dinning rooms closed so the drive thru lines are always very, very long. That's why I hardly go to them anymore. It's honestly quicker (and healthier) to just make something at home.

This is honestly stupid when you really think about it too, I can walk into a costco, buy toilet paper, walk into most stores, buy stuff, but I can't walk into friggin Arby's and order a sandwich :confused::spin:

2) The global semiconductor shortage...still no xbox series x, I keep hearing about these restocks at stores, but they're like unicorns; They don't really exist. Or do they?

:iam:

Florida is wide open like a cheap whore.

It’s kind of strange that half the people are not wearing masks anymore. It feels a little normal actually.

---

auto industry is starting to have problems finding new cars. I've been working on hondas for last 3 days because no mercedes coming through

Due to shortage of electronic components.

The world is built on a "single point of failure" model these days.

453747.png

Due to shortage of electronic components.

The world is built on a "single point of failure" model these days.

It's built on the assumption of zero disruption and all things are always available. We've thrown away a lot of resiliency to gain better profits when all is well.

Florida is wide open like a cheap whore.

It’s kind of strange that half the people are not wearing masks anymore. It feels a little normal actually.

I was in Fort Lauderdale a couple weeks ago for a bachelor party. We arrived Thursday night, then that Friday CDC updates their mask guidance for indoor mask wearing for vaxxed people.

Was definitely a bit unusual seeing so many maskless people indoors, but was also a nice taste of return to normalcy. And Scarlett's was an A++ experience.

I also noticed a lot of Uber drivers there didn't wear seatbelts.

Baltimore City still has an indoor mask mandate, though Maryland has lifted the state level requirement. Some stores in the surrounding counties still require a mask, and stores that don't require still have a lot of people wearing masks.

I was in Fort Lauderdale a couple weeks ago for a bachelor party. We arrived Thursday night, then that Friday CDC updates their mask guidance for indoor mask wearing for vaxxed people.

Was definitely a bit unusual seeing so many maskless people indoors, but was also a nice taste of return to normalcy. And Scarlett's was an A++ experience.

Baltimore City still has an indoor mask mandate, though Maryland has lifted the state level requirement. Some stores in the surrounding counties still require a mask, and stores that don't require still have a lot of people wearing masks.

Was Scarlett's a Strip club then? That actually would be more funny if the strippers were wearing masks, all buck naked and stuff except the masks.:lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Scarletts is a higher end strip joint. Tootsies is also good. I have not been at one in a few years. Florida is very YOLO about a lot of things. Up by me in West Palm Beach everyone wears their seatbelt. I’ve never had a Uber driver not wear their seatbelt.

---

Was Scarlett's a Strip club then? That actually would be more funny if the strippers were wearing masks, all buck naked and stuff except the masks.[emoji38]

Yup, like laz said, a high end one....I've been to a couple crappy strip clubs in the past and always been disappointed/surprised, like, "people pay money to see these chicks?" But that was not the case there.

They did a couple intermission things, one was a fire dancer performance, the other was two girls in mad max style lingerie (masks included) and a dude on drums smashing out the mad max theme song, so that was entertaining.

Yup, like laz said, a high end one....I've been to a couple crappy strip clubs in the past and always been disappointed/surprised, like, "people pay money to see these chicks?" But that was not the case there.

They did a couple intermission things, one was a fire dancer performance, the other was two girls in mad max style lingerie (masks included) and a dude on drums smashing out the mad max theme song, so that was entertaining.

So it was a post-apocalyptic themed Hawaiian luau stripper show :lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

It's built on the assumption of zero disruption and all things are always available. We've thrown away a lot of resiliency to gain better profits when all is well.

honda dealer has a new parts driver. he decided delivering parts to the store that called was wrong so he delivered to the store on the payee line (3 different dealerships on the same campus). The other shop said no hondas here. driver left for the rest of his route. my honda repair went from on schedule to wtf? the best option for getting the crush washers involved me getting keys to customer transportation van and petty cash, then driving to the honda store for the washers.

profit on this oil change? big negative.

The body part I need for the other honda is still road-tripping. 5 hours later.

I think I've heard that's the reason why lumber has gotten so expensive too.