LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I say yes to all the hot girls. Slap them on the ass as they push my cart.

Maybe FL is different but not much hot here working the grocery store. More of the "I planned poorly for retirement" or "I want a job to not be alone all day.

Maybe FL is different but not much hot here working the grocery store. More of the "I planned poorly for retirement" or "I want a job to not be alone all day.

Usually they are 16 year old HS kids here, that'd get you in trouble fast. :lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Usually they are 16 year old HS kids here, that'd get you in trouble fast. :lol:

The "i need someone else to ID you for Booze" always helps put things in check :lol:

I admit I manscape a bit, but I haven't been searching fo razors or other products that you'd use.. So kinda funny to see this ad show up at the bottom of a thread.

I keep it high and tight

It makes me feel uncomfortable when I can't leave a tip for a service provided because of a company policy, it's awkward.

I agree. I cant think of anywhere I've been that has a strict anti tipping policy.

Try to tip at a Club Med and it will politely be refused. The official explanation is, "You wouldn't think of tipping a close friend, would you?" Club Med works hard to promote an ambience of peer friendships between staff ("GOs" ... Guest Organizers) and guests ("GMs" ... Guest Members). Besides, you put your money, credit cards, and passport in a safe when you arrive; you don't need to carry any of those for the duration of your stay. It's strangely liberating.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Management and I have had a discussion about tips. I can't ask for them or suggest that I might desire one. However if a tip should be handed to me, I don't have to give it back.

The entire complex is rented this weekend and we're bringing in extra staff to deal with it. I'm scheduled for three 14 hour days. This better not be the club med weekend. :)

When my wife and I were working in high-tech we were big tippers. Now that I'm paying from my tip money, I expect actual effort above expectations for a tip. Maybe karma is kicking me. idk. It's certainly been an interesting experience peeling back the curtain, so to speak. Tipping a waitperson to bring you food from the kitchen, knowing the kitchen doesn't share in it seems flawed. Tipping a waitperson who remembers your order from the previous time, makes suggestions on how to improve it, ensures your meal shows up exactly right, seems more worth it. ymmv

Wait staff usually gets paid $2.30. Kitchen staff usually makes $10 an hour. That being said in the restaurants I worked at, the wait staff would tip out kitchen staff at the end of every shift. It wasn't an even split, usually around 10% of whatever the wait staff made, which was fine considering the pay discrepancy.

Brought to you by Pfizer

In seattle, minimum wage is $15/hr for everyone. A number of restaurants went belly up. The exact opposite of what was supposed to happen. Apparently the wait staff weren't declaring their cash tips so the data suggested they weren't making a living wage. "I'm from the government, Im here to help".

We stopped tipping for regular service. For especially bratty waitstaff, we told management on the way out we wouldn't be back. I guess we weren't the only ones who felt the large increases in menu prices and surcharges weren't worth it.

In seattle, minimum wage is $15/hr for everyone. A number of restaurants went belly up. The exact opposite of what was supposed to happen. Apparently the wait staff weren't declaring their cash tips so the data suggested they weren't making a living wage. "I'm from the government, Im here to help".

We stopped tipping for regular service. For especially bratty waitstaff, we told management on the way out we wouldn't be back. I guess we weren't the only ones who felt the large increases in menu prices and surcharges weren't worth it.

Color me shocked!

Please.

No

$15 minimum wage goes into effect here in three years. It will be gradually raised over the three years. We’ll see how it goes.

---

I'm not doing the dry January thing but sort of a half measured version of it? So far I had a beer on Tuesday, that's it.

I don't really do resolutions. If it works for some people, that's fine.

This no nut November, dry January, etc... I don't get it. ymmv

I hauled up roughly 500 cans of coors light for a snowmobile group. Gallons of whiskey. And 4 cases of water. They flagged me down about 3 miles up the hill as they were thirsty.

The buggy does close to 40 on the way down. It was so heavy, I barely could hold 10mph going up.

About a third of them wanted to know if I'd go into town and bring back another load of beer. I'm happy to learn heavy beer consumption while driving high-powered toys did not go out of style.

I hauled up roughly 500 cans of coors light for a snowmobile group. Gallons of whiskey. And 4 cases of water. They flagged me down about 3 miles up the hill as they were thirsty.

The buggy does close to 40 on the way down. It was so heavy, I barely could hold 10mph going up.

About a third of them wanted to know if I'd go into town and bring back another load of beer. I'm happy to learn heavy beer consumption while driving high-powered toys did not go out of style.

Did they tip you?