LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

On some carbs there's a small mesh filter right above the float needle as well. In many cases that one can be removed completely because it just accumulates trouble.

However the hunting is usually when the idle jets are contaminated/clogged so I wouldn't be surprised if you need to open it again. Old gas can form some rubber type clogging that is just creating headache. Carb cleaner and an ultrasonic cleaner maybe. Or put the jets in acetone and blow them clean with air after a while. Just don't have any rubber gaskets in acetone.

Don't forget - there's always one more jet in a carb that you haven't found yet.

453747.png

Don't forget - there's always one more jet in a carb that you haven't found yet.

X2 ... Or one more bleed air passage.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I agree your issue is in the idle circuit

Depending on the jets....some may be removable and others are not. If you can get them out heat them up with a map gas torch and use torch tip cleaners to clean passages. Torch tip cleaners, good carb cleaner and a little compressed air work wonders for most anything carb related.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The idle jet is super easy to get to without disassembling (
), so I'll take another look at that, I cleaned it before disassembling, and that make it run perfect, but only with the choke on. Decided to clean it again during disassembly, so it should be good, but maybe something got dislodged, I can't remember if I had screwed that back in before doing more cleaning, I think I left it out until the end since that would make the most sense, but I'll check it out.

), so I'll take another look at that, I cleaned it before disassembling, and that make it run perfect, but only with the choke on. Decided to clean it again during disassembly, so it should be good, but maybe something got dislodged, I can't remember if I had screwed that back in before doing more cleaning, I think I left it out until the end since that would make the most sense, but I'll check it out.

Some carbs also have an idle emulsion jet in addition to the main idle jet, and that's deep into the carburetor, usually accessible from the float bowl.

The idle mix adjust screw is sometimes under a seal and therefore 'invisible' because EPA.

453747.png

One last update on this, I know some are probably sick of hearing about it.

Pulled idle jet from top of carb, cleaned it again.

Installed new fuel shut off valve and used new hose that came with it, and put new fuel filter in.

Started engine, same problem, died with choke on. Proceed to swear a bit.

Restarted 10 minutes later, I forget why, and it ran good as new with the choke off. Tested a few more times since then, and still runs great. Finally.

Edited by apexi

There is NOTHING for restaurant workers in Blue states in this so called relief bill. But hey, there's 453 million to the Government of Ukraine though (and millions to the country of Georgia) , that'll really help Americans out. :rolleyes:

Only Comedy clubs will get some money, and that's because Jerry Seinfield lobbied them for it. Which is amazing because the Restaurant and bar industry is one of the hardest hit.

This bill is about 80% pork and 20% actual relief to Americans. It's utterly unacceptable that we waited this long and for what? To get a for a steaming pile of crap-free money handout to foreigners, that's what. This should be vetoed, but you know it won't be.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

There is NOTHING for restaurant workers in Blue states in this so called relief bill. But hey, there's 453 million to the Government of Ukraine though (and millions to the country of Georgia) , that'll really help Americans out. :rolleyes:

Only Comedy clubs will get some money, and that's because Jerry Seinfield lobbied them for it. Which is amazing because the Restaurant and bar industry is one of the hardest hit.

This bill is about 80% pork and 20% actual relief to Americans. It's utterly unacceptable that we waited this long and for what? To get a for a steaming pile of crap-free money handout to foreigners, that's what. This should be vetoed, but you know it won't be.

Take it to political, not here.

Ok since we wont let is go...I dont believe we should give any $ to employed people.

I don't intend to post much on this anyway, just had to get that out, it's really disappointing, but then again, so is our govt. And yes I agree with you, I don't need the money.

Edit, at least there is some Silver lining....Fjuan is going to be busy.

For small businesses in need, the bill allotted $284 billion to reopen the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for forgivable loans, with hard-hit restaurants getting special provisions.

Edited by DickDastardly00

Edit, at least there is some Silver lining....Fjuan is going to be busy.

Going to be busy?!?! This shit hasn't stopped, and the PPP program has been nothing but a nightmare.

This is going to be round 3 and we haven't even finished up round 1

My wife's balls are delicious.

Ok since we wont let is go...I dont believe we should give any $ to employed people.

Correct. I know plenty of people with more extra money than ever, and they're getting those checks as well.

Revamp the system. Use all the money to protect the vulnerable. Keep everything open. Win win. Plus Fjuan will have more time to post on LGT.

Going to be busy?!?! This shit hasn't stopped, and the PPP program has been nothing but a nightmare.

This is going to be round 3 and we haven't even finished up round 1

You are doing the Lord's work Fjuan, we love you man :wub:

Correct. I know plenty of people with more extra money than ever, and they're getting those checks as well.

Revamp the system. Use all the money to protect the vulnerable. Keep everything open. Win win. Plus Fjuan will have more time to post on LGT.

And they're just going to use that $600 to buy and Xbox Series X/ PS5 :lol:

• I Donated
What's up, ladies?!
Dude, I was just wondering the other day WTF happened to you.

What are you driving these days? You get a Tesla yet?

I mean, I see why they're doing it. For the folks who are laid off, they need the money, and for the folks who are still working, the idea is they will plow it right into the economy.

With that said, yeah, we've saved a ton of money this year. Less eating out, less on gas, etc. We'll probably donate most of our stimulus check to charity.

$600? More like $1200 with the scalpers right now. [emoji38]

True, this is why I'm going wait until Feb/March/April to get one, I'm in no hurry, plus a few more good games should be out by then. Jan and Feb both are getting new game releases (if the dates hold).