LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

This new actual gameplay trailer for Elite Dangerous Odyssey is dope. FPS combat is also shown off here. Love the song choice of David Bowie's Space oddity too, very well done.

For the next trailer I'd really like to see some Earth gameplay footage, then leaving earth into orbit with Peter Schilling's Major Tom (Coming Home) as the soundtrack.

Earth Below us

Drifting, Falling

Floating Weightless

Coming, Coming home

I should've been in marketing.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Nils, congrats on being one of the few people on this forum who's more pedantic than I am. :hide:

I actually appreciate being corrected by you on minor details that I am wrong about (like me thinking that 2006 was the first year with an AUX jack in the LGT when it was actually 2007).

That being said, on the subject of who is more pedantic, you or Nils, that's kind of a toss up. We might need a poll :lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

*poll

*pedantry

:hide:

This forum continues to deliver year after year. The pedantry makes it all that much better.

Chairs to you for catching my iphone's inability to suggest the next word correctly. Starting the second year, and siri still blows bubbles. Ancient android started picking words after a couple of minutes. sigh

• I Donated
This forum continues to deliver year after year. The pedantry makes it all that much better.

Chairs to you for catching my iphone's inability to suggest the next word correctly. Starting the second year, and siri still blows bubbles. Ancient android started picking words after a couple of minutes. sigh

*Cheers [emoji38]

Okay okay, I'll stop now :hide:

Got a 4.0 in my engine building class this quarter. Im super stoked to start applying for a small business loan for my subaru shop.

I'm going to have to prune alot of posts on here though. The 1500 posts of me mucking up my hg replacement isnt going to sell well

It's by the mistakes we learn. Without that experience you may not have done as well on the engine building class.

453747.png

Autocorrect is a fantastic tool for creating hilarious results.

453747.png

Wikipedia. Have you donated to their fund raiser yet? You should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK - more than I ever wanted to know.

When duplicating a word, it's reduplication; which calls for a hyphen. I'm of English descent, so tend to use the UK English dictionary/grammar/style guides. American English or Apple English tends use the easiest collection of letters to convey meaning.

Its vs It's. iphone, that glorious device used by idiots everywhere, doesn't have non letters on its keyboard. Have I mentioned how much the iphone annoys me?

Okie Dokie is from a play, so the correct quotation has a space.

• I Donated
Its vs It's. iphone, that glorious device used by idiots everywhere, doesn't have non letters on its keyboard. Have I mentioned how much the iphone annoys me?

If only there were another phone OS you could use, or, like, a way to change keyboards on iOS... :iam:

• I Donated
Not married, are you? Wife has iphone, 'nuff said.

Nah, my wife is just clearly better, because she prefers Android. :hide:

As for another keyboard? really? how? I can't even fix the autocorrect settings, as in that feature isn't on my phone.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/best-third-party-keyboards-ios-8/

Over the course of my career I have had more than one client who hired my company to take over responsibility for software originally written by the self-taught genius (no sarcasm intended!) founder of their company. The business models of these companies were wholly dependent on their founders' software. In one case the founder had simply sold the company and was no longer available; in another, the founder, an accomplished pilot, had killed himself by flying his plane into one thunderstorm too many.

In most cases where we took over somebody else's proprietary software, I advised the client from the beginning that as much as 50% of our hours billed would be for documentation ... so the next poor schmuck who took over would have a fighting chance to understand it well enough to keep things running smoothly. I don't think I ever had a client argue over billing for documentation, as long as they knew about it in advance.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png