LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Just a panel filter though... right? That's different than an intake.

And if the repairs are large enough, and the manufacturer gets involved in the warranty claim, they can contribute a bunch of shit to air intakes. not that they would every time, but my luck...

No, both full intake replacements. I haven't seen any folks on the forum report any mod-based warranty grief. And many have piggyback tuners, pedal tuners, pipes, cat-backs, suspension stuff. I've only done the intakes, and sways. Not sure I'll be doing much more real soon. But man that exhaust is toooo quiet.

No, both full intake replacements. I haven't seen any folks on the forum report any mod-based warranty grief. And many have piggyback tuners, pedal tuners, pipes, cat-backs, suspension stuff. I've only done the intakes, and sways. Not sure I'll be doing much more real soon. But man that exhaust is toooo quiet.

For the most part, I haven't either. They are typically good about it, but when my buddy blew his twin turbo on a similar car, the dealer cost was $14k. Luckily, it was warrantied. I just don't want to spend 14k fixing my 1-2 yo car. :lol: (His car was 6 years old and he failed to do a regular maintenance related item that he should have known about, otherwise that motor can push 600 to the wheels without much aftermarket help).

I have the variable exhaust, and on dynamic, its actually loud from outside the car, but with all the damn insulation, I cant hear shit! So i'd love an exhaust. I think my wife is over it though :lol:

The manufacturer released a resonator delete basically, but not sure it's worth $700 for marginal gains. Who am I fooling... of course it is. :lol:

So bummed right now.

Our favorite Greek/Italian place, Athens Pizza and Pasta is closed, there was a major electrical fire in the strip of businesses that they are on the corner of, and it looks like all were affected. Voted #1 every year, the food is so good, best Gyros around for miles, and the Pizza is pretty good too.

Every year they give out free Thanksgiving dinners to those in need, the owner(s) have good hearts, I see them cooking right along side the rest of their staff and their service is always super friendly and fast. I hope they reopen, I'll support them whatever way I can.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

SpaceX Starship SN8 test flight:

Simply spectacular!

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

For the most part, I haven't either. They are typically good about it, but when my buddy blew his twin turbo on a similar car, the dealer cost was $14k. Luckily, it was warrantied. I just don't want to spend 14k fixing my 1-2 yo car. :lol: (His car was 6 years old and he failed to do a regular maintenance related item that he should have known about, otherwise that motor can push 600 to the wheels without much aftermarket help).

I have the variable exhaust, and on dynamic, its actually loud from outside the car, but with all the damn insulation, I cant hear shit! So i'd love an exhaust. I think my wife is over it though :lol:

The manufacturer released a resonator delete basically, but not sure it's worth $700 for marginal gains. Who am I fooling... of course it is. :lol:

I don't want any drone, which is my primary requirement. I want a good note outside. Borla on spec b is very quiet but on the Kia it's raspy. Almost bought a Quicksilver from the UK, but drone was reported by the 1st recipient so I backed out. Engine sound inside is OK,not sure if fake tho. I bought the car 2/29/20 just before the shit hit the fan and lost my part time income due to the pandemic. (so I get it!) A little leary of laying out more for mods, despite how ESSENTIAL a good exhaust tone is...to YOU!:lol:

With the exception of a couple gift cards, like a Steam gift card for my nephew, so far the majority of all the gifts purchased by me this year have been from Small businesses. Target, Amazon, Walmart, inser'tbig'chain'name'here, all of them don't need my money nearly as bad as the family businesses in my community and other communities do.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song