LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

You work for MS?

I just disable all that shit on Win10. Cortana, MS accounts (I only use local accounts, and jump through the hoops to do that on newer builds), ad tracking, speech tracking, location history, etc. The only thing I leave on in the OOBE is location access.

Not that it does me much good when I just open Chrome and use that... [emoji38] Especially when I use it to navigate to Facebook... :spin:

I have actually set a timer on the Facebook app on my phone. Didn't like how much time I was spending on it, so it cuts me off at 90 minutes per day.

Not any more. That meeting had me shopping my resume. Went back to contracts. Now I'm just looking for a menial job doing oil changes and basic dealer services.

I have a license for win10. Still haven't enabled it at home. At work, we had the enterprise version (otherwise known as the version we didn't ship to customers).

Does anyone use the search engine, Qwant? It was mentioned during the Social Dilema as a good alterative to Google and others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/freaked-out-by-the-social-dilemma-you-should-make-qwant-your-default-search-engine/ar-BB199y6j

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Does anyone use the search engine, Qwant? It was mentioned during the Social Dilema as a good alterative to Google and others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/freaked-out-by-the-social-dilemma-you-should-make-qwant-your-default-search-engine/ar-BB199y6j

I didn't know about it until you mentioned it, and when I started to look at it then I was directed to the "lite" page which didn't seem to work well, you need to select the "www.qwant.com" to get the full variant.

It seems like it's not doing "sponsored" links so you'd get a more varied result already on the first page. Reminds me about how Webcrawler, Altavista and Google were in the beginning.

"Made in France". No problem unless you'd suddenly get a load of rotten apples dumped on your doorstep by a French farmer for using it.

453747.png

MILF isnt my bag

At my age, 40-something MILFs are looking pretty good! (My brother once commented that he knew he was getting old when he went to a high school PTA meeting and found himself more attracted to the moms than to their daughters.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Water heater died this past Friday. Was 13 years old, so decent lifespan from it.

I got kind of lucky in a sense....was going down to the basement to get a screw driver and heard a funny noise, which turned out to be the tank dripping. Caught it early enough that there was only a small film of water on the floor around it, not all 50 gallons. Glad it didn't happen a couple weeks ago when I was at the beach.

Edited by stm25rs

Water heater died this past Friday. Was 13 years old, so decent lifespan from it.

I got kind of lucky in a sense....was going down to the basement to get a screw driver and heard a funny noise, which turned out to be the tank dripping. Caught it early enough that there was only a small film of water on the floor around it, not all 50 gallons. Glad it did happen a couple weeks ago when I was at the beach.

Change them out at 10 years religiously, better safe than sorry

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

At my age, 40-something MILFs are looking pretty good! (My brother once commented that he knew he was getting old when he went to a high school PTA meeting and found himself more attracted to the moms than their daughters.)

Make with the links and not to hot water heaters :cool:

Change them out at 10 years religiously, better safe than sorry

I change them by the end of their warranty. Last one I put in a couple years ago has a 12 year warranty. It looks like a space ship. lol.

Hopefully it will last that long. I need to get the overflow pan plumbed to the sump hole.

Lesson learned as a first time homeowner.

I'm in a smallish rowhome. Sump pit is not near the water heater, and far enough it would be unrealistic/impossible to plumb drain pan to sump.

Existing water heater (when I bought this place) didn't even have a drain pan.

One more thing to look for when buying next house.

You can do it. You can even adapt the hole opening on the drip tray Down to garden hose thread and lead that to your sump, but a fast enough leak may over come the drainage ability of the garden hose in comparison to pvc pipe. If it's that fast youre likely fucked anyways.

A couple water alarms go a long way too. $25-$50 or so gives you a wifi enabled one if youre interested in the home automation scene.

we put a five gallon bucket under our steam vent for the hot water heater. we should have plumbed it to the outside of the house. At ~15yrs, we're living on borrowed time. Trying to avoid replacing it until we can sell the house. F'ing over the buyers is a tradition in our neighborhood.

:lol:

Sounds like that seller cleared some codes and crossed their fingers.

Or just shit luck...

My buddy sold his wrx wagon years ago... Great condition. As the new buyer was driving it home, it threw a CEL for an O2 sensor. He texted my buddy and asked him to pay for it.... :lol: