LegacyGT.com

Limited/Touring seats

What’s your verdict on these? When I test drove the car I thought they were very comfortable and loved the extendable thigh support.

Now, I’m not sure. After two long drives I get pain in lower back and right butt cheek. Still playing with positioning to see if I can improve it.

I have twice moved the seat a little closer to the wheel, and reclined the spine angle a little more. That seems to be helping. I hope I get used to it because I do love the car. I’m even becoming more annoyed when start stop doesn’t work...

• 5 months later...
I got my 2020 Limited XT in November 2019. So far I have 8K miles on her. The seat keeps breaking where the seat controls attach. The dealer has replaced the broken part four times. Now, Subaru says they cannot fix it. Anybody else having the same problem? I have a picture, but cannot seem to get it uploaded. "Upload failed".

"Sorry, we can't fix it" does not seem like an acceptable answer. Would be great to see a pic if you can upload (size, format?). I love the seats but I have yet to really travel and that's the true test. I think they are 10 way, keep trying settings and hopefully you find your optimal setting.

If the broken part keeps breaking then it is likely something else that is causing it. May even be the seat frame is bad and needs replaced. Keep on pushing the dealership. Ask them to escalate to regional or national.

• 2 weeks later...

So idk if the ascent is similar but i drove that and they were pretty comfortable. As my own experience i have a '11 legacy 3.6r limited and a '17 outback 2.5i limited and shockingly the legacy has way more comfortable seats. I think one of the issues is they make seats too big nowadays and there is no bolstering on them so you flop around everywhere. Just my 2 pennies.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk