LegacyGT.com

For those that thought they would install the factory NAV...

Opie

Well there is 1 ways to go about this. Make it your primary system(stock radio still there just not used) or get a harness and wire up both the DVD and OEM headunit so you can use either or. Another possiblity to look into if you are going the route of replacing your OEM NAVI is the JDM dual din mod. It might be a cheaper route. Plus this you can use the OEM NAVI still and just end up replacing you OEM Headunit with an in dash Navi unit. This way you don't loose your goodies from the OEM NAVI.

So..in a turn of events today..BOTH best buy and Custom Sounds told me today they cannot install any after market radio into my car. Period. Apparently there's no harness or install kit. Custom sounds even took apart my entire dash ..took the Nav and radio out to look and said there's just no way because they would have to rewire to the stock amp and blah blah blah...lame. Snookie I have a car that has a crapy out of date Nav system and no option to replace.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So..in a turn of events today..BOTH best buy and Custom Sounds told me today they cannot install any after market radio into my car. Period. Apparently there's no harness or install kit. Custom sounds even took apart my entire dash ..took the Nav and radio out to look and said there's just no way because they would have to rewire to the stock amp and blah blah blah...lame. Snookie I have a car that has a crapy out of date Nav system and no option to replace.

I'll bet Steve Meade can do it.

• 6 months later...

Archived