LegacyGT.com

Brake Review! Track Setup with Specs

Xenonk

DOH!! Sorry!! :redface:

I lost track of the intent of that thread!!

Interesting, as I had found 40 psi to work for me, and could have used a bit more in the front for Turn 10 a Gingerman:

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/MI/Gingerman.html#TrackMap

However, I am also still with a stock suspension, stock alignment, and street rubber on 17x7.5" Rotas.

Ah, on RE92s, you'll need 40psi to keep the tires from rolling over.

Keefe

Don't worry about it. There were probably more posts and emails flying around about this time last year (on that subject) than there was Spam email!!

It is not the issue that they have made it out to be. if you are running a quality Snell SA helmet, the odds of a chin break from the airbag are pretty slim. You are still safer than with an open-face helmet. Also keep in mind that track incidents can involve secondary (or more) hits, and the airbag is a one-time deal.

I personally wouldn't use anything but a full-face helmet for either the motorcycle or the car, airbag or not.

Actually, I did used a full face helmet on my last car when I ran the car into the jersey wall at another track event. With a properly fit helmet and a good seating position (namely I sit lower), the air bag only pushed my head back, not up).. so the only thing that broke on my helmet at the time was the visor.. needless to say I still replaced the helmet and that car (a WRX) was totalled from it.

I rather break my jaw than to deal with a busted face from the steering wheel hitting an open face helmet..

Keefe

Ah, on RE92s, you'll need 40psi to keep the tires from rolling over.

Nope, I have Exalto PE2s on the Rotas. RE92s are winter-only on the stock rims, and if its bad enough this year, they will get tossed for some Blizzaks.

FWIW, the 215/45/17 PE2s work very well on the 17x7.5 Rotas. Swapping back to the stock setup the other day mushed up the steering response.

Ron

Keefe, are these vastly superior to the endless ss-m pads you had?

I ask because I'm planning on doing 4-5 track days next year and I've thoroughly toasted the stock pads after 2 events (should have only done one on them).

I was planning on the ss-m, but was wondering if it was more worthwhile to swap out to XP's for track days only.

Keefe, are these vastly superior to the endless ss-m pads you had?

I ask because I'm planning on doing 4-5 track days next year and I've thoroughly toasted the stock pads after 2 events (should have only done one on them).

I was planning on the ss-m, but was wondering if it was more worthwhile to swap out to XP's for track days only.

To my knowledge SS-Ms are still street pads that operate in the same temperature range as Bobcats. If you want a dedicated track pad, you need XP-compound or similar. You'll notice a HUGE difference and I highly recommend it.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Archived