LegacyGT.com

Cheap Cobb V2 worth it?

AWDFTW

Have a well kept bone stock 2006 OBXT 4EAT getting some light refreshing, just under 120,000 miles. Gonna be removing banjo filters, getting a catless uppipe, and bulletproofing the stock TMIC while doing some basic 14 year old car servicing/oil leak fixing/etc. Before I got it it had a full timing belt service, new plugs, and new valve cover gaskets. Still has a few minor leaks and weeps I'm hunting down and needs some fresh ATF, differential fluid, and some suspension TLC.

Can I still download the OTS Stage 1 tune from Cobb's website onto an unmarried V2 AP if I just want to get rid of the factory lean tune while I'm getting the OBXT up to date? Yes, I know V2 Cobb support has ended. That said, a new or second hand V3 AP is still a decent chunk of the budget while slowly fixing up a daily driver. And I found a unmarried V2 locally for under $100.

Or should I keep saving up for a V3 and running factory tune until then?

Edited by AWDFTW

I'm using v2 AP's on both my cars.

My specB is being tuned currently using one, which a fair amount of tuners won't do anymore. I've only ever had the screen go out on one of mine in about 10 years, no other issues, but I do get a little nervous loading maps.

Kind of have to agree, save up for a V3.

My wagon was one of the first on V1 Dec 2004, then I traded that in for a V2 years later, then traded both V2's, ( my Spec B came with a V2) in for two V3's.

Better safe than sorry.

I also happen to be lucky enough to live close to one of the best Tuners in the country for these cars. Still, I played it safe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here