LegacyGT.com

Where did the oil go

Did an oil change 1 month ago. Checked oil yesterday morning and nothing on dip stock and motor started knocking. Added 1 Qt motor stopped knocking but nothing on the dip stock still. Added 2 1/2 more Qts now shows full on stick drove 5 miles still full. Drove 12 miles started knocking and now 2 Qts too much. Where did the oil get hidden.

Yikes! These cars eat a little oil naturally, but a quart+ in a month, something is obviously wrong. Check under the car and make sure there aren't any leaks, even a slowly leak shouldn't drain more than a quart, ask me how I know (minor head gasket problems).

How many miles? Is it a GT or N/A?

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Is this an NA or a turbo?

On my car, I was going through about a quart of oil every 800 miles, so about every three weeks with my driving. A compression and leakdown test showed my engine to be operating as intended, so I put 200 mL of Liqui Moly motor oil saver in my oil a couple days after changing it. Within 150 miles the car stopped burning oil. I literally haven't put a drop of oil in and the point on the dipstick hasn't moved. So, for me, old valve seals were causing oil consumption.

In your case, with metal in the oil pan, you're probably due for a motor redo. Could be bearing material, piston ring fragments, who knows. Don't drive the car!