LegacyGT.com

Oil leak please help

So first off I have been having oil leaking in to my exhaust on my 08 legacy gt

Found leaking valve cover gasket in bottom rear corner replaced both valve cover gaskets let sealer set up for two days no more valve cover leak Awaome right

So I went and drove my car pressure washed all oil off of engine and exhaust after driving for a while and getting into boost a few times smoke puffing out from under my hood jack the car back up I have oil leaking onto the exhaust again but not from the valve cover gasket not the turbo not the turbo oil return gasket or return hose all are dry and clean but there is oil on the bottom half rear of my passengers cylinder head I see a banjo bolt made sure that Was tight cleaned all oil off with brake cleaner ran car for 20-30 min had my dad get the RPM's up nothing no oil seepage visible then went and drove car and got into boost getting in the highway got off the highway sat at a red light and it started smoking again Same thing oil only on the bottom half rear of the cylinder head but because the up pipe and turbo and down pipe are all there I can't see were it's coming from seems to only be while on boost so in my mind it has to be a point that has a decent amount of oil pressure but I'm lost right now

I couldn't find a oil leak post about anything other then oil leaks on top of engine so if you have had same problem or know of a thread any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Cam seals can leak through the timing cover and trickle to the back of the passenger head. Most of the smoke is probably the oil falling directly onto the header is what I’d assume. Also entirely possible that the shop didn’t do the valve cover replacement right.

Same issues and I had two other leaks besides the valve covers.

The oil pressure switch in the front of the manifold was leaking out the top and onto the top of the engine then down the passenger side. You should be able to easily see this one.

My biggest problem was the PCV and another breather hose in the back top side of the engine. I basically had to replace anything made of rubber back there. I wouldn't even suggest trying to take it apart until you have all the new hoses in hand. Everything rubber I touched back there basically disintegrated when I tried to remove it.

I did the valve cover gasket I do all the work on all my vehicles the gaskets are not leaking but I did notice a bolt that looks to be loose on the back of the head but I'm not sure what the part is it's holding on the head so I dint know what gasket to get there is oil all around it though and going to the bottom of the head only oil right under it on the header in the back not the front

For some reason it won't let me add pictures of any size but there is a part with one bolt holding it on the back of the head it looks as if it's leaking at that point do either of you know what part it is that's bolted up back there so I can look up and get the gasket and replace it

Also thank you for your responses

Edited by 08legacygtturbo
Spelling