LegacyGT.com

Torn on what size wheel??

So I am torn with what type of wheel size and setup on my 06 LGT. I really want 18x8 235-40, but 17x8 235/45 is nice also. Which should I go with? I am looking at light weight wheels in 17 and 18. Offset would be 48 or 45. I am looking at 15 to 19 pound wheels. The car will be lower on coilovers (Cause I love them lol:lol:). The car will not be tracked or anything and I do not want to deal with springs and new shocks.

I do have a daily.

Thoughts?

17 in. rims (for GTs 2005-on):

205/40/17 (only for SUPER FAST acceleration and torque; for autocrossing only, do not use for daily driving)

205/45/17 (only for FAST acceleration and torque; for autocrossing only , do not use for daily driving)

205/50/17 (good for snow rally)

215/45/17 (stock)

225/45/17 (good autocross performance tire size for gearing, more mph per gear)

235/40/17 (good autocross performance tire size for torque, more acceleration)

235/45/17 (tallest tire you could use under the GT due to possible suspension clearance issues, best used with an 8" wide wheel)

245/40/17 (good autocross performance tire size for traction, will need to have a flatter alignment to make use of the grip)

255/40/17 (maximum grip, good for track days, will need a 9" rim to make use of the contact patch and a good alignment as well).

18 in. rims (for GT 2005-on):

215/35/18 (only good for autocrossing use, do not use for daily driving)

225/35/18 (only good for autocrossing use, do not use for daily driving)

215/40/18 (uncommon tire size, close to OEM overall tire diameter, good for daily driving)

225/40/18 (typical sizing, most popular size, GREAT for daily driving)

235/40/18 (very large, but great for pot-hole city driving, may need fender rolling)

235/35/18 (rare size, but closest to OE tire sizing to keep the spedometer reading correctly)

245/35/18 (common autocross, performance size, very good for daily driving)

255/35/18 (very good daily driving size, even better on the track)

265/35/18 (very good daily driving use, but the car wont be able to use all 265mm of tread for the track)

275/30/18 (tallest tire you can mount without fender clearing issues on a 2" lowered car if you get the right offset)

285/30/18 (aka, the "STREETS OF DREAM" setup... the widest you can go.. this is the next tire size I am going for and a rim to match it)

18 in. rims (for Spec B.2006-on, 3.0Rs 2008-on):

225/40/18 (common tire to use and gives a better acceleration since it's 0.5" shorter)

235/40/18 (rare size to find, but near stock height for proper gearing)

245/40/18 (popular tire size for the larger cars)

19 in. rims (for GT 2005-on):

225/35/19 (common typical sizing for 19" for our cars)

235/35/19 (tallest tire you can mount without fender clearing issues on a 2" lowered car if you get the right offset)

245/30/19 (rare size, but also tallest tire you can mount without fender clearing issues on a 2" lowered car)

Use these at your own risk, but to my knowledge on a lowered car with a small-spring perch type coilover, it should work and ride fine. The most you'll probably have to do to the fenders is to just roll the lip of it in to give yourself another 5mm of clearance. I hope this helps.

How much lower will you be? 235/45/17 is a huge tire. Might not fit if you're really low on coilovers.

If you're looking for an inexpensive wheel that looks good on these cars, IMO the Enkei Raijin is one of the better ones for the money. They're rotary forged so they're decently light too.

Get the 15lb wheel.

I'd agree with that.

Is a 235/45/17 really that big? Maybe it looks odd and fit is difficult on a lowered car.

I'd say get whatever size you can still fit sidewall lettering on since I'm currently in love with that. Obviously you're going for aesthetics here so fit aside, so you like the super low profile look? I don't so I'd get the 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want a 235/40/18, but I hear to do a 225/40/18. I will be lowering the car by just taking out the tire gap. I am not a LOWWWW car person. the Coilovers I user will be ten. I have had no problems with them. I actually fit a 225/45/18 on my 08 legacy that was lowered. It had conti DWS for tires. No rubbing ever.

those Mono block forged wheels look nice though. But the enkie that are coming out later this year are sick looking.

So I am looking at and 225/40(or)45/18 with new suspension. I looked up my old car and it fit and looked perfect. tires were Conti DWS. I want the pilot super sports that I had on my 09 WRX but I had to roll the fenders with 235/40/18 on the front and back. I do that a rolling system also.