LegacyGT.com

Outback springs in LGT struts?

kaitanium

Has anyone ever put outback springs in LGT struts? I read around in the lowering outback thread but the person that mentioned doing it I assume is no longer here as my PMs have gone unanswered for months. I assume outback springs are longer for their stock ride height but unsure about mechanics or physics when you put it into a strut body thats designed for something shorter?

I guess first question would be why? Second, I don't think it is possible. The strut will have a maximum +/- of travel and I doubt that you'd get a 3 inch lift on a legacy strut. But even if you did, you might run into an issue where when one side compresses, the other side won't extend to keep the tire on the ground due to lack of available travel.

Just wondering in general. I plan to lower a bit either on coilovers or a LGT swap (might be too much low) and seeing if theres a way to reuse the stock OB springs without spending $ on LGT springs. Looks like in asking around, its advised not to do it.

I wouldn't advise it. Any way you could would cause weird issues. If you're OK with legacy height (3" lower) then just get someone's take off set up, they aren't that much. Next option I'd think would be new kyb and new rallitek stock height springs all for the lgt which would also stiffen everything up some. I know you can also get the bc racing coilovers for about 1k with longer than normal bodies for the outback for a higher than lgt but lower than obxt ride height.

Even used lgt springs shouldn't be that much with how many people lower their vehicles. Used oe you can't be saving much more than $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't advise it. Any way you could would cause weird issues. If you're OK with legacy height (3" lower) then just get someone's take off set up, they aren't that much. Next option I'd think would be new kyb and new rallitek stock height springs all for the lgt which would also stiffen everything up some. I know you can also get the bc racing coilovers for about 1k with longer than normal bodies for the outback for a higher than lgt but lower than obxt ride height.

Even used lgt springs shouldn't be that much with how many people lower their vehicles. Used oe you can't be saving much more than $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I've researched it all. Likely will do bc racing coils as lgt seems to be too low to give me much tire options to play with. Plus if I get any fitment issues, I have adjustability compared to stock lgt I don't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk