LegacyGT.com

Eyesight Turning off

Has anyone had Eyesight turn off while driving?

I get a message every once in awhile saying eyesight is disabled and it doesn't come back until i turn off the car and turn it back on again.

I tried manually disabling all the stuff and reenabling it and did a check with the app, but it said all was good.

I would advice you to read the Eyesight Manual which has most of the reasons why it can temporarily disabled. Also "search" / "Google" for some ideas ideas / reasons but this will give you a lot of conjecture. Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Has anyone had Eyesight turn off while driving?

I get a message every once in awhile saying eyesight is disabled and it doesn't come back until i turn off the car and turn it back on again.

I tried manually disabling all the stuff and reenabling it and did a check with the app, but it said all was good.

Has happened a few times to me. Very bad weather, mostly snow, where the windshield is obstructed or heavy sun glare seem to be the main culprits.

That being said, eyesight reactivates a few minutes/seconds after the windshield is cleared.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

It happened a few times on my 2020 Forester for no obvious reason. It just quit while driving and all eyesight functions including cruise control, stopped. Service Department could not find an explanation. Eyesight and all functions worked after stopping the car and starting again.

I also had the problem of complete loss of power while driving and this has been the subject of a recall to fix that.

I traded the Forester for a 2020 Legacy Touring XT and no problems. Wonderful car and a much nicer car to drive than the Forester. Best decision I could have made.

The first time it happened was in the snow and ice and i was fine with that. The second time maybe it was very sunny, although i don't really consider that a good reason. The rest of the times i have just been driving in good conditions and it didn't turn back on.

I will take a look at the book and see and also follow up with the dealer.