LegacyGT.com

Hitting rev limiter dangerous?

As I understand it, fuel cut works like so:

- intake stroke : the injectors shut off and only air is sucked in

- compression stroke : air is compressed

- combustion stroke : spark, air is inert to spark, no boom, no torque/power, RPMs fall below rev limit

- exhaust stroke : air is pushed out

I keed I keeed

speaking of rev limiter. I find the car too quiet because i find myself bouncing off the limiter sometime: im not trying to look cool or anything. what does everyone think of a 5" tach with a shift light? RICEY? too bad, i already got one!!! lol.

some people *caugh* civic drivers *caugh* think it's cool to druise past a bunch of people bouncing off the rev limiter

So it isnt cool..... DAMN what the ike am I going to do with this damn TypeR Civic now with fake BOV sound....... Thanks for the heads up though LMAO.

Ada///M.

speaking of rev limiter. I find the car too quiet because i find myself bouncing off the limiter sometime: im not trying to look cool or anything. what does everyone think of a 5" tach with a shift light? RICEY? too bad, i already got one!!! lol.

So you have 2 tachs in your car now?

Why didn't you get a stand alone shift light if that's all you wanted it for? Then you wouldn't get flamed for being that ricer with dual tachs.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

whats also incorporated into it is water and oil temp. and oil pressure on top of a tach and a shift light. i like to see number instead of a temp with no number like the one stock gauge clusters have, if that answers my motives of buying it. what i also didn't tell anyone is that i'm also building another car and since that 240sx with a sr20det, i'm pretty sure that either the speedometer or the RPM does not work with the new engine. its one or the other or both. not sure about that yet. i didn't look too much into it. but i'm pretty sure that only the 12 valves have this problem.

Archived