LegacyGT.com

Bilstein JDM v:c vs USDM HD

I've read the wiki on this several times through but, I don't think this has ever been clearly defined yet. Any ideas?

I also could not help but think man for the cost of springs and struts you really start getting up there...

Is this the wiki you’re referring to?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-jdm-oem-suspension-61108.html

The gospel of UncleMat covered most any question about differences between USDM, JDM, and successive revisions of same. Been awhile since I read through but used it extensively researching purchase of my current setup. I’m running JDM spec B Bilsteins (rev. C) with JDM pinks bc the source material specifically argued against pinks on USDM HD Bilsteins. Cost is one thing, shipping another headache. Try to find what you’re looking for stateside from a reputable importer to save a few sheckles. Hope that helps.

Is this the wiki you’re referring to?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-jdm-oem-suspension-61108.html

The gospel of UncleMat covered most any question about differences between USDM, JDM, and successive revisions of same. Been awhile since I read through but used it extensively researching purchase of my current setup. I’m running JDM spec B Bilsteins (rev. C) with JDM pinks bc the source material specifically argued against pinks on USDM HD Bilsteins. Cost is one thing, shipping another headache. Try to find what you’re looking for stateside from a reputable importer to save a few sheckles. Hope that helps.

Thing is , this is the one thing he says he doesn't know in that otherwise comprehensive post.

I've read other threads where debates about ride height and ride quality are discussed. There's never any clear deliniation on it though and a call to Swift left me less than reassured. The whole affair is almost making me want to go coil-overs as the whole point of doing struts and springs was to keep it simple. At least with coils you can make it whatever you want it to be...

Feeling pretty frustrated and disappointed with Swift customer service as I had felt their product seemed to be of a particularly well thought out and disciplined design. I think maybe I'll call again as the guy I spoke to sounded a little slack jawed stoner. I was hoping for a "we designed it to work with "x"" response, not vague "yeah, bilsteins will work dude". Great, which ones, speciffically? Like exactly...

Those Rev C Bilsteins in the classifieds would be a good consideration. I’d look at those. Had Rev A. With Whiteline Control springs for many years and quite liked them

Those ones are mine and I am thinking about putting them on... I'm trying to be a little snobby and although they look to be 100 ok I just kinda wanted to start fresh with brand new. All signs seem to be pointing to use them though. I wish I had stock on right now so I could put to bed some of the questions I read in another thread for good.

Sounds like this suspension thing is a whole system with all the pieces working with or against each other. I'm going to have to read up and make sure I've got all the pieces needed for a holistic system. This whole assembly is coming out of the can and going on the rack, I'll do all the bushings and everything while it's out. I dropped the damaged front clip out of the spec b last night and saw how that went so I can be careful with the one in the wagon. Just bought some fork extensions for my forklift so I guess I'll just prop up the engine and tranny on the spec b and lift it off and then pick up the wagon and lower it down onto the assembly and be done with it. Kinda wanted to put a clutch in but... Let's get er done for now.

FWIW, I also wanted zero mile struts to pair with all the things. Mine came with around 30k miles on them and haven’t had any issues with them. I have read but don’t have firsthand exp that Bilstein does recondition/rebuild their products regardless of market of origin. Whiteline bushings all ‘round and aluminum lca’s from a spec b have served me well.