LegacyGT.com

Sterling, VA - 1 - 2007-2009 LGT OEM reman 17x7 6-Spoke wheel - full painted face

Not sure how, but I managed to order the wrong option for paint (mine is machined) so I have a newly remanufactured 6-spoke 17x7 OEM wheel. This is not aftermarket, it is an OEM Subaru wheel and it was straightened and repainted by Wheels And Caps which is where I have ordered many wheels and I've always been happy with them.

This just arrived at my house today (11/30) and I opened the box and knew right away it was painted so it has only been out of the box to inspect it. It's in great shape and ready for a tire.

$100

I prefer local pick up as shipping will be pretty expensive. I am taking a big hit on this so my price is (edit)pretty(/edit) firm. If you want me to ship it to you, expect it to be about another $50+.

IMG_3956.thumb.JPG.d3b937b70547d33a9517830b6f32cc41.JPG

Edited by landark

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at your wheels, if yours is fully painted, you should see no difference between the pockets between the spokes and the face of the wheel.

Mine has the pockets painted silver but the face of the wheel has been machined and clear coated so there is no paint, just the bare aluminum.

I've kept mine on for summer use because I think they look good as far as stock wheels go. One of my replacements had the clearcoat start peeling off which is why I ordered a replacement. I got that one from someone other than Wheels and Caps and I learned my lesson.

I'm honestly not sure who got full painted versions. I've only ever seen machined in the wild. Maybe non-GT? I dunno.

I got a wheel redone through Alloy Wheel Solutions in Chantilly a few years back. But I did it because it was impossible to find a replacement. For these, it would be cheaper to get a reconditioned wheel from a reputable source than refinishing them. It cost $225 because they had to send it out to be machined. Most places don't have the equipment to to the machining, only the straightening and painting.

Maybe you'd be able to get it cheaper since you have other sources. But For the price and convenience I'd rather have it shipped to me and not be down a wheel in the meantime.

• 1 month later...