LegacyGT.com

Rebates/Incentive financing to end Nov. 30th?

SkiDaddy

I just spoke with a saleperson & she claimed Subaru had met their quotas & the rebates/incentive financing would end Nov. 30th. Can anyone confirm this? Was she blowing smoke?

You have to be kidding. The entire industry is about to go into another year end discount frenzy like last year. So tiny little Subaru, with excess capacity at Libertyville decides they have sold enough cars and its time to go on vacation until January?

To quote an industry analyst:

"Japanese — they hate incentives, but they will have to respond."

analyst Noriaki Hirakata of Morgan Stanley in Tokyo

the industry will have to go on a discount frenzy...al GM has to do is start selling their cars to cover their fixed costs and the impact will force Ford and DiamlerChrysler to do the same.

The japanese mfgs will also have to follow suit...i was gonna but another LGT this month but i'm just gonna wait...hopefully with the holiday season and sagging sales, the prices and financing rates will come down to a really good deal worth waiting for

sagging sales at subaru??? lets be real here.. subaru doesnt sell a whole lot of cars... subaru buyers know about the cars more then most subaru salesmen so they usually know what their getting for what they pay for.. subaru probably wont ever have anything like gm or chrysler will have with 5k cash or employee pricing.

sagging sales at subaru??? lets be real here.. subaru doesnt sell a whole lot of cars... subaru buyers know about the cars more then most subaru salesmen so they usually know what their getting for what they pay for.. subaru probably wont ever have anything like gm or chrysler will have with 5k cash or employee pricing.

not 5k but I hope they will at least keep 1k and low rates

yeah... they most likely will have 1k still... you might want to find out if theres any xtra dealer cash... dec is a slow month in the industry...this month is not good for incentives for tribecas for the consumer, but for us salesmen their offering us $200 subaru cash to us if we sell a 7 passenger and $100 bux for the 5 passenger.. but no incentives for the consumer. so if any of you guys are looking for a tribeca come see me... hehe

GM can throw discounts out there all day long. There are still a great many people that won't buy them over a Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, or Subaru.

The old saying is true, you get what you pay for. Most people who plan to keep their car more than 5 years and want something reliable, aren't going to visit the Chevy, Ford, Chrysler (or Mitsubishi) lots regardless.

BTW, hehe, Mitsubishi is so hard up, they're currently offering large rebates and free gas for a year on their new models!! When you calculate the hit on depreciation though, a year's worth of gas still doesn't make it an easy pill to swallow.

I don't think the foreign guys should acknowledge the employee pricing stuff GM is doing.

But then again, a clever enough marketing campaign by one of them based on the premise "You get what you pay for," could finish GM off for good.

GM is risking their product's reputation by underpricing it too much.

yeah you know what sux.. when all these people who bought their "employee price" cars try to turn them in or sell them... their going to get like a 100 bux for their car. just cuz the market is going to be soo0 flooded with the same car.

the foreign companies didnt even budge when the domestic car companies did their whole employee pricing scam.

First time post here.

I currently own a 98 Outback but I think I will purchase a new Subaru in the next week or two. Still haven't decided between a Legacy or an Outback. All I know for sure is it will be a turbo or an H6.

With December nearly here, does anyone know when the December incentives will "leak" out? Do dealers typically know before the end of the current program, or would I have to roll the dice and wait until December 1 to find out if anything has changed?

Thanks for any help.

She is right in saying that, but she can't know what next month will bring yet. All dealers get their incentive sheets from their Subaru dealer page. Incentives do end at the end of the month, but dealers do not know what incentives will be upcoming in the following month until the first day of that month. Dealers are not given the next month's incentives in advance. We are able to load them and print them on the first business day of the new month...

ex. We were able to see what November's incentives were on Nov 1st. We will not be able to see what incentives are for December until AM on December 1st..sometimes we have to wait til afternoon on the first day to get them depending on how fast Subaru updates incentives for that month.

First time post here.

I currently own a 98 Outback but I think I will purchase a new Subaru in the next week or two. Still haven't decided between a Legacy or an Outback. All I know for sure is it will be a turbo or an H6.

With December nearly here, does anyone know when the December incentives will "leak" out? Do dealers typically know before the end of the current program, or would I have to roll the dice and wait until December 1 to find out if anything has changed?

Thanks for any help.

If you go with the Legacy, you will not be able to get the H6. You will have to get an Outback for that.

I prefer the turbo. The 6 cylinder is nice and relatively quiet, but the Turbo models have so much more "punch" off the line and have more torque than the 6 cylinder.

as mentioned before, dealers will not know December incentives until Dec 1st, when Subaru loads them into the dealer pages for the dealers to view/print/download.

correct. they would not really gain anything by doing any type of EMPLOYEE PRICING FOR ALL deal like the domestics have done recently. They would just lose money.

Subaru buyers are going to buy Subaru's no matter what. Most of them buy when they are ready and dont wait an extra month hoping the incentives are better. when they are ready to buy, they just go do it.

I prefer the turbo. The 6 cylinder is nice and relatively quiet, but the Turbo models have so much more "punch" off the line and have more torque than the 6 cylinder.

as mentioned before, dealers will not know December incentives until Dec 1st, when Subaru loads them into the dealer pages for the dealers to view/print/download.

I actually preferred the turbo as well, based on one 10 minute driving session. All I know is that I do not want a NA 2.5 engine. I haven't even decided between wagon and sedan yet.

I typically keep my vehicles 7-8 years. In 7-8 years I will have teenagers driving and being the practical person that I am, I think I would keep the Subaru as a third vehicle for my kids. I think an H6 with 100K on the odometer would be a much more practical hand me down vehicle than the turbo would. I can't see giving a 17 year old kid a turbo 2.5 to drive, even if I do trust them.

We'll see.

Thanks for the incentive information. I am inclined to just buy it when I am ready and if that is before next Thursday, so be it.

Thanks.

correct. they would not really gain anything by doing any type of EMPLOYEE PRICING FOR ALL deal like the domestics have done recently. They would just lose money.

Subaru buyers are going to buy Subaru's no matter what. Most of them buy when they are ready and dont wait an extra month hoping the incentives are better. when they are ready to buy, they just go do it.

I didn't pay much attention to the ad since I am not in the market for a Forester, but I thought I saw an ad in the Minneapolis paper about some type of "employee" pricing on Forester's. Maybe it was just a dealer add. Like I said, I didn't pay that much attention.

I didn't pay much attention to the ad since I am not in the market for a Forester, but I thought I saw an ad in the Minneapolis paper about some type of "employee" pricing on Forester's. Maybe it was just a dealer add. Like I said, I didn't pay that much attention.

If a Subaru dealer is advertising EMPLOYEE pricing, it is the dealers sale, not an SOA sponsored thing. VIP pricing is usually 1%-3% over invoice and in some cases 1% under invoice depending on the company getting/giving the VIP pricing. The Employee pricing (VIP) customers usually have a letter stating how their pricing is figured which makes it easier.

The dealer advertising employee pricing could mean what they charge their employee for cars if they really wanted to get into details. If they charge their employees $500 over invoice, they can say that is the pricing. They will have made their own rules as to what EMPLOYEE PRICING is in their case so it may or may not be a great deal.

Archived