LegacyGT.com

Mirror suggestions

I'm trying to decide. The mirror housing on the driver's side is cracked and a couple months ago I bought a replacement on Amazon, but the top didn't line up with the door frame well (returned). So here are my options:

1. Dorman aftermarket

2. Salvage yard

3. Upgrade to the SAP Outback mirrors (aftermarket, will need paint and wiring)

Keep in mind the painted cap is fine, it was just the housing that is cracked (against the garage door frame). So I can just swap the cap if I get a standard mirror. But, in want of something better, I keep eyeing the SAP mirrors.

Edited by Falcor

I'm trying to decide. The mirror housing on the driver's side is cracked and a couple months ago I bought a replacement on Amazon, but the top didn't line up with the door frame well (returned). So here are my options:

1. Dorman aftermarket

2. Salvage yard

3. Upgrade to the SAP Outback mirrors (aftermarket, will need paint and wiring)

Keep in mind the painted cap is fine, it was just the housing that is cracked (against the garage door frame). So I can just swap the cap if I get a standard mirror. But, in want of something better, I keep eyeing the SAP mirrors.

Might be worth checking out ebay for one, as long as the seller is rated well. Generally it'll be around $50-$60 from what I remember. I always try to go with oem with things like mirrors, so maybe salvage yard would be the second best option...

I can get a 2012 Outback salvage one for $75 locally. I’m thinking of going that route honestly. Just hope I don’t kick myself later for not going with the SAP version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get a 2012 Outback salvage one for $75 locally. I’m thinking of going that route honestly. Just hope I don’t kick myself later for not going with the SAP version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they the same from the Outback as they are in the Legacy? If they are then I guess you should be fine...