Color: OBP (Blue)

Miles: 148,000

Transmission: 5EAT

Title: Clean

Lien: No Lien

VIN: 4S3BP686X54320796

Seller's email address: hypershwin@gmail.com

Asking Price: $2,000 OBO

So its finally time to sell the Legacy, so I hope I can do this justice by not leaving anything out. Bought it in 2015 for 8k and it had 77K miles on it. Since I've had long commutes and recently took up a job where I'm driving around all the time the mileage has been put on it. Around 90K the 5EAT was giving me problems so it was replaced with a transmission that had 38k on it. At 130k the turbo went out so it was replaced with a upgraded JMP VF40 unit with the billet extended tip wheel and stronger internals. Banjo filters removed. 120K service done on time along with a vac line overhaul and pcv system replacement also turbo intake hose replaced. At the same time front calipers were replaced along with rear rotors with Hawk HPS pads all around.

Mods are as follows:

JMP Custom VF40

Upgraded TMIC w/ AVO TB hose

Invidia UP

Invidia DP

Full Grimmspeed Thick gasket Set

Cobb AP v2 currently running Stage 2

ISC Coilovers

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Hawk HPS front and rear

TRS Morimoto 4500k HID kit ($260 kit)

Aux Mod for Stereo

Cons:

I'm getting what I think is burning oil out the pipes when under full load. It eats up about a quart of oil every 1500 miles. Which surprises me because I never ride it hard, race, take it to the canyons... nothing. I just DD it pretty easy save for the occasional time when the spirit gets in me. Compression was fine when checked at 120k. Doesn't smoke at all during normal driving only at 5K-6.5k redline under WOT. Engine is healthy enough for daily driving but will need some TLC to get within spec again.

It still manages to get 17/22mpg.

Small mark in front bumper where tow hitch hit it. Small scratches and scuffs around the vehicle as expected from a 14 year old car. Always a California car free of all rust.

For daily driving and work the thing runs perfectly despite the oil consumption. Pulls hard. Its ability to accelerate at low speeds, mid range torque, and passing power are remarkable with the custom VF40 and stage 2 Cobb map. I really like this car but I'm getting out of the tuning game temporarily. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Of course for the work that has been done on the car I have receipts.

Edited by scoped_legacy
Price reduction AGAIN

Another detail, last month I had a code thrown for rich in bank 1. Combined with it burning a fair amount of oil leads me to think its blow by. Not the best news but with mods alone the price is fair. Edited by scoped_legacy
More information on health of car

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Quick question, when you installed the JMP turbo did you change out any of the banjo bolts for ones with a larger orifice? If so it could be a cause of high oil consumption ( higher pressure pushes oil out of the turbo bearings and into the impeller areas ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...