LegacyGT.com

Just drove the 6 speed 06 330Xi

My buddy just took delivery on an 06 330Xi - 6 speed manual.

My impressions, after seeing it, riding in it, and driving it.

• Very nice looking sedan - it looks sweet on the sport package. Nice steel gray color. I like the likes of the new body style.
  • Interior is very similar in size to the LGT, both front and rear seats.
  • Tons of crazy gadgets. Frankly, too many needless things for my tastes.
  • Friggin insane stereo. The best stock stereo I've ever heard. period.
  • Extremely nice ride - firm, but not rough. Corners well - very balanced.
  • Very demanding clutch - almost too light - no forgiveness. Might get used to it over time, though.
  • Nice 6 speed shifter. Very exact, mechanical.
  • A bit lethargic off the line, in 1st gear. I was surprise by this. Felt darn quick in 2nd and 3rd gears, though.
  • Cost $18 grand more than my LGT!!!! - not worth it, unless you're made of $$.

Honestly, I didn't notice a brand name on the stereo, though it may have been there. I may ask my buddy.

It's a bit hard (and unfair) for me to compare the seats to the LGT, since I don't have the power/leather seats on my LGT. I would say however, that the seats were easy to get comfortable in and were supportive.

It was a very nice car, but I'd be hard pressed to fork over $43 grand for one, when there are other cars out there that are nearly as good for alot less $$.

The price was one of the things that bumped it out of the runnings when I was shopping for a car. It was nice, but it wasn't so nice that the price difference was worth it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i also looked at the BMW and also the Audi A4. Both nice, but not enough of a difference for the $. I also like the fact that the Subaru is not nearly as common. How many 3 series or Audi a4's do you see every day? Now think of the last time you spotted an 05 Legacy.

Don't forget the difference in upkeep and insurance. After your warranty runs out you better start robbing banks. In addition many of the features that come stock on the LGT are costly options on those cars, but you do get the dazzle effect with a brand name car. I think that for the money I'm spending on my Legacy by the time I'm done it will be around $40k, but nobody will have a car that looks or performs the way mine does. Plus my car won't blow up cough... Audi... cough

-T

Thanks very much for the write up.....

Dont forget this is a totally brand new BMW in many respects from the engine down. The clutch I cant really comment on as the M uses a total different setup but the gadgets are now driven by the very complex iDrive system so I know what U mean. Give the engine a chance to bed in and Im sure yr friend will notice a total difference in 1st on take off.

Thanks again.

Ada///M.

Overpriced imo, to aget one thats decently nice features wise, you have to spend 40k, no offense, but why would you spend 40k on baby beamer, because thats what it is, its just like a C series. I would go for a m45/35 or even a 5 series for a tad more.

Archived