LegacyGT.com

TT Downpipe Gaskets?

Good day folks, setting up to replace the downpipes on my '01 B4 with the twin turbo due to my current one having a hole on the y-pipe. Found a used but solid one locally (album here)

So I'm looking to replace the gaskets between the downpipe and the turbos, and you can see their shape here: Lbftd5J.jpg

My question is, is there anything on the usdm side that can interchange? I tried searching rockauto with the Subaru part number but it seems like it's not matching. Google search only needs to suppliers from Japan, Russia or UAE which will take time to come in, on top of shipping costs. Anyone here with experience replacing downpipes on the TTs?

I've bought from partsouq.com before; I was looking for more immediately available suppliers but if it's only from this site then I guess I have no choice lol Thank you for the input!

• 1 month later...

Hello all, just an update to this thread. Friends and I tried to tackle changing the y-downpipe, but trying to take off the intercooler was such a PITA we gave up and failed..

In any case the reason I wanted to fix the downpipe was to fix a gas smell (again! I've had this fixed before but it keeps coming back) from a cold start. Well we found this time that there is another leak in the gas lines in the engine bay, you could actually see it pooling on top of the engine block underneath the intake manifold.

I feel this is way out of league for backyard mechanics and rather have it dealt with by a shop. But man this is probably going to cost another $500-$1000 just for the labor of pulling everything off. Ah, the ups and downs of owning JDM..:spin: