LegacyGT.com

Unproductive day

So I was all excited this morning to dump some parts in. Vf52, Cobb intake, gs 3port ebcs, and swap my aftermarket uppipe w the grimmspeed ewg I acquired. So I spent all day tearing down and putting in parts. Found out that my turbo had been swapped previously w a vf40 instead of a 46 and that wastegate has been running half open (bent). Didn’t matter. I had a vf52 to drop in. So after fighting w everything getting it all setup I had the turbo and the wastegate setup and my downpipe and exhaust put back in. So I decided to do an exhaust test like I usually do when messing w anything exhaust related. Turned my shop vac to blow, shoved it in the muffler and went around w my soapy spray bottle. Checked all the flanges. Checked the downpipe the top of the uppipe and the bottom. Then I decided to spray the flex section of the uppipe. ITS BLOWING. I’m so annoyed. I spent all day doing this just to find out the uppipe I had gotten is garbage. So now my car is still half apart in the garage and I must decide whether to buy a brand new one or go back to my regular uppipe. I think what annoys me the most is that either way I have to drop my downpipe, midpipe, exhaust manifold and uppipe again. So what did I accomplish today???? Not a damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking to not even go w an ewg and just put my aftermarket catless back in and call it a day

I have been struggling with going Ewag or not. I was Ewag on my 09 WRX, and it was a monster with all the parts on it. I woke the dead when I was full on the throttle, and I loved it. People would lose their mind when I came past there open window and I hit rev limit with 3 nasty backfires and hit that shift dead on into 3rd gear.

Problem is No one would play with me in my town after knowing what I had done. :icon_frow I went to one of the nights where all that car meet up and let my EWG off and the only guy that would play was a Mustang with a procharger :eek:, with bigs and skinnys.

So now I am just leaving that in the past.

I have been struggling with going Ewag or not. I was Ewag on my 09 WRX, and it was a monster with all the parts on it. I woke the dead when I was full on the throttle, and I loved it. People would lose their mind when I came past there open window and I hit rev limit with 3 nasty backfires and hit that shift dead on into 3rd gear.

Problem is No one would play with me in my town after knowing what I had done. :icon_frow I went to one of the nights where all that car meet up and let my EWG off and the only guy that would play was a Mustang with a procharger :eek:, with bigs and skinnys.

So now I am just leaving that in the past.

Yeah. I don’t think it’s worth the attention it will get. Better off just cutting my losses and getting the car put back together. Sooner I am done the sooner I can tune.