LegacyGT.com

Radio/ac issue

So awhile back I noticed when I had the ac on, the passenger side was blowing hot air while driver was blowing cold. I have the dual climate control. Did some research and replaced the blend door actuator. Once I installed and put it back together, the ac wouldn’t power up. It was just a blank screen. I retraced everything to make sure I didn’t knock anything loose, checked all fuses and there’s power going to the radio but still nothing. I bought a used radio online and it still has no power. I took it to a shop and they said most likely by sure bad luck, I have two bad climate control radios. Is there anything else y’all would look before having to buy the jdm conversion kit? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be careful about buying some JDM unit until your sure you have two bad ones.

Is the car sending power to the connector ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd be careful about buying some JDM unit until your sure you have two bad ones.

Is the car sending power to the connector ?

I had taken it to a shop who traced the wires and according to them, every has power. Just no power to the ac unit. I have a functioning CD player but no ac controls

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe hit up the regional forums and see if someone has one you can borrow for a test. Or can test yours. Maybe check nasioc, more wrx but also more people. We aren't near each other or I'd let you swing by and test the extra I have sitting around without you buying one.

But if there is power going to everything but not the ac controls well.... Shouldn't you be able to check the resistance or something on the a/c itself to see if it should accept power? Like with a volt meter. I got no idea personally cuz electricity is magic.